cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Gillzlaing83
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

1st ever post need advice ASAP please, 9hrs wasted today and full weekend last week!

My bill has went from just under £55 to now £94 monthly Direct Debit! Now I’d understand this if I had other packages, I only have the landline & broadband.

I’m very stubborn (where there’s a will there’s a way) the joys of being a single very independent parent 🤦🏽‍♀️ So...... Last Friday Smarthub completely stops working, landline all fine I have a lot of spare cables micro filters etc I tried everything the full weekend tried old hubs etc anyway 5days later received replacement hub same Smarthub as before.

Would this bill increase be due to this replacement? If I had been told I’d be getting charged I’d have told them to forget it. There have been issues after issues and the prices seem to be getting higher and higher it’s really frustrating me now, need to look into other suppliers if the can’t explain or rectify this in any way. I also rarely use the landline! Any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks x
0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: 1st ever post need advice ASAP please, 9hrs wasted today and full weekend last week!

Welcome to this user forum.

Its sounds like you have been charged for a replacement home hub, which should have been free if you were still in a contract.

Are you on a monthly payment plan, where you pay the same amount each month, or do you just pay the whole bill each month, as the MPP can be very expensive.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Gillzlaing83
Beginner
Message 3 of 13

Re: 1st ever post need advice ASAP please, 9hrs wasted today and full weekend last week!

Thank you for your reply, can I possibly send you a pic of my bill and packages?

I started switching my extra add ons off thinking that may help as I thought they were free but I’m sure I’ve just read somewhere I will be charged? Absolute stress I don’t need x
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

@Gillzlaing83 wrote:
Thank you for your reply, can I possibly send you a pic of my bill and packages?

I started switching my extra add ons off thinking that may help as I thought they were free but I’m sure I’ve just read somewhere I will be charged? Absolute stress I don’t need x

No, do not post anything here, as this is just a public customer forum, and I am just a customer.

Please wait for a moderator to post on this thread, and they will advise you, they are BT Employees.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Gillzlaing83
Beginner
Message 5 of 13

Ohhh sorry I private messaged you
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 13

@Gillzlaing83 wrote:
Ohhh sorry I private messaged you

I did not read the message, and have deleted it, as I only reply to private messages if I have asked for one to be sent :smileywink:

I am sure a moderator will be along soon, they do work at weekends, but I think they start a bit later. Billing live chat, can sometimes help, but I assume you have already contacted them.

If you are on MPP, then you end up paying a lot of money in advance to cover possible future costs. Whole Bill Direct Debit is normally preferable, as you only pay for a month at a time.

iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 13

AFAIK, if you are outside of any minimum term, and your 'Hub' is faulty, there are two choices when you call your ISP, pay for a new router , and remain outside of any minimum term, or have a new router supplied at no cost , but agree to a new 12/18 month minimum term, were you offered a choice, if you were , presumably you chose to pay for the router.
If you were already inside the first 12 months of a minimum term, then presumably the router would be less than 12 months old and covered by warranty , so should be replaced under that warranty.
What you are paying for line and broadband could probably be reduced by negotiating a customer retention deal ( if you are outside a minimum term ) and although probably a bit late now , you probably could have got a new router included in the 'deal' , obviously retention deals are in return for a new minimum term

Gillzlaing83
Beginner
Message 8 of 13

Thank will call them later as I was never told or asked any of what you have said! All she said was new router be with you Tuesday.

The problem was definitely the hub as WPS wouldn’t work very strange. Thanks
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 13

@Gillzlaing83 wrote:
Thank will call them later as I was never told or asked any of what you have said! All she said was new router be with you Tuesday.

The problem was definitely the hub as WPS wouldn’t work very strange. Thanks

Thats a lot of money to pay just because WPS would not work, as you can always use manual connection. Its also possible that a factory reset of the home hub may have fixed the problem.

This link may help with understanding your bill.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12587/~/i-don't-understand-charges-on-my-bt-bill

0 Ratings
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 13

Obviously it's impossible for us to know the actual conversation you had , but if you said 'my router is faulty , send  me a new one' or words to that effect , then they did what was requested, if you or they mentioned the router failing , the increasing costs and the possibility that you may change provider, then I would think they would look at some sort of retention deal....it really depends on who said what to whom, if a Mod happens to  offer to look at this for you, it may be worth accepting the offer