cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

2 accounts new account in the wrong name

I now longer needed my BT essential's package and i wanted to change the name on the account to my mum who is at the same address and was eligible for BT essentials

I was told that wasnt possible so id need to close that account and start a new one for her and a new broadband service and then transfer to BT essentials when it was up and running so i went ahead and agreed to that all the direct debits etc and my old service ceased on 21st dec and then i started with the new router etc and all up and running

i called and aske to be put on the BT essentials package but he said he tried but that wasnt possible as the account was  in my name ? i asked to change it and he said he would action that and get back to me with later that day

nothing has happened and i was wonder how long this normally takes

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: 2 accounts new account in the wrong name

Normally you cannot change the account holder to someone else.  The only exception is the death of a spouse who was the account holder and then it can be re-name to the surviving partner

You need to contact CS03301234150 and see if they can help sort this out

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: 2 accounts new account in the wrong name

oh thats a pain i did explain to the BT rep when i called to cancel the original account

the only reason to do this was to have it  in my mothers name so now i have a account i dont need ill have to get onto them and see what they say

0 Ratings