cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

2 months and counting delayed activation

I would just like a response with actual information to what is going on. I do not want any mod to interfere or log complaints as I do not want to disrupt—if any—work that is going on in the background.

Can someone please help to figure out why no one at BT and Openreach can get our broadband activated?
We have been waiting for over 2.5 months since order date and now 2 months passed our activation date. 

All we have been hearing is we're waiting to hear from Openreach in the next 48hours for an update. And then there is no update, so BT message for an update, wait 48hours... no update. This has been happening for over 2 months with multiple missed activation and engineer appointment dates. 

We are in talks with the BT ECR team, but the same thing is happening. Waiting to hear from Openreach, 48 hours later, nothing, and again and again and again and again. 

Has anyone had experience with this? Does anyone have any information about what truly could be going on in the background? What is a likely outcome? 

Thank you in advance.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: 2 months and counting delayed activation

@lwswwrote:

We are in talks with the BT ECR team

You should have a case handler now, have you spoke to him/her and asked ? you should also have a phone number to speak to your case handler.

Delays are caused by a number of factors, it could be external work needs done which requires a civils team, sometimes permits and traffic management are required, which again delays things as they need approved with your local authority or It could be records mis-match, in which case Openreach will update that.

Your case handler will know what the issue is, nobody here can guess because there's so many reasons why.

Have you asked for a 4G mini hub whilst you wait ?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Thank you for your response. 

Really I'm after peoples experiences and how they might have resolved them. 
I live in a residential area where the property before me had BT. No civil engineers, or diggers need to turn up the road.

All I have heard is there is an error that is stopping Openreach from activating our account and moving it up to KCI3 or something. It was previously at KCI1 for over a month. 

I am in contact with the ECR case handler. But still, I'm hearing the same information, from 9 weeks ago. We don't have an update. I'm sure they are working hard to find out why, but the most infuriating part is for the past 2 months hearing:

• Get ready your broadband will be activate tomorrow (and it isnt) - multiple times
  • We'll call in 2 days with an update (no phone call) - x15 at least
  • Missed engineer appointments - multiple times
  • We don't no when you will be activated

For the work I do and the signal strength of the mini hubs they are not a great solution. 

Dealing with BT has honestly been just the worst, most stressful customer experience I have ever experienced.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Its possible, if you have ordered "fibre" broadband, that there is no spare capacity in the cabinet. The fact that there was a connection before, has no bearing on this, as it would have been ceased, and the connection released to another customer.

Use the address checker on the page below, and post the results, but edit out your address details first.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

See if it shows "waiting list" on the VDSL status line.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

@lwswwrote:

All I have heard is there is an error that is stopping Openreach from activating our account and moving it up to KCI3 or something. It was previously at KCI1 for over a month. 

Ok so it's not external work that needs done, KCI1 means the order is submitted and sent to suppliers, once accepted and committed it reaches KCI2, so this could mean the issue is between BT and BT Wholesale or between BT Wholesale and Openreach.

KCI3 is sent when activation has happend and the order can be closed.

Your case handler will able to check this and take the correct steps to get it resolved, at least now with it reaching ECR you don't have to do any calling for updates, your case handler will manage the case and update you on progress.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Screenshot 2022-01-31 at 13.00.01.png

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Already posted above.

0 Ratings