cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

2 separate accounts

Go to solution

Hi there,

I currently live in a house which has BT phone only account and Virgin Media Broadband Only account.Both accounts are in separate names and paying methods.It’s my parents house.

Is it possible when we move house to have a BT phone only account and a separate BT broadband only account when we move house running off the same line.The current broadband I have is virgin fibre optic with separate box/line etc etc..Virgin media not available in new house.

Or is it just easier to add BT broadband to current BT Phone only account andI would pay my parent the money etc etc every month.

I would greatly appreciate any guidance or ideas.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: 2 separate accounts

Go to solution

I don't think it is possible to split telephony and broadband between suppliers on the same Openreach line any more.

It would be much simpler to add broadband to the Phone only line. At some point, the phone line will be delivered by Digital Voice (VOIP) via broadband in any case.

Edit: it will certainly be a lot cheaper to have phone and broadband from one supplier.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks so much for your response.I appreciate your feedback.That’s what I thought would be the case ..You are absolutely right.Probably easier to add broadband to phone account and.I would change payment method to myself

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Effectively the phone component is just the price of the calls add-on package. PAYG, 500/700 minutes or unlimited minutes.

0 Ratings