cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

2 weeks until equipment is delivered

Hi BT!

I ordered broadband today (new customer) and the equipment will only be delivered on March 4 (i.e., in 2 weeks). Can the equipment be delivered sooner? There is no need for it to take two weeks, and I already paid the one-off fees.

Thanks,

Nate

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: 2 weeks until equipment is delivered

@NateB 

Welcome to this user forum.

This is just a customer forum.

BT would only send the loaned equipment needed for your broadband connection,  the day before the broadband is due to be activated.

You are not paying for the home hub, its only loaned to you by BT, and would need to be returned if you leave. All you are paying for is the installation and activation charge.

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

I assume it’ll the 5th, 6th, etc of March when your Broadband Service goes lives?

Its normal for the Equipment to be sent only a day or so before it goes live.

I can’t confirm exactly why but I think it’s in case people cancel their order before it goes live and BT don’t have to go to the trouble and expense of trying to get their Broadband and possibly TV Equipment back.

Highlighted
Message 4 of 5

Thanks! But I can just plug in the router into the socket myself? The previous tenant also used BT. I don't understand why it takes two week to active the broadband.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

@NateB wrote:

Thanks! But I can just plug in the router into the socket myself? The previous tenant also used BT. I don't understand why it takes two week to active the broadband.

The old connection would have been disconnected, and a new connection would need to be configured. Two weeks is about right for a new connection.