cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

2022 Price Increase

So I've just recieved my price increase notification and I'm confused, does anyone know how on earth it is justified to increase by January CPI 'plus' 3.9%, that means 5.5% + 3.9% that's 9.4% if my basic maths is working properly. If anyone can explain how this works beyond what looks like overt profiteering I'd be very grateful.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: 2022 Price Increase

BT profiteering  from the increases, nearly 10% if I have read the notice correctly.

Message 3 of 12

I take it you 2 are quite happy with the service then & don't want the improvements & full fibre being rolled out across the country? It's not profiteering it's an increase which although high is being used to invest in the network etc

Message 4 of 12

and don't forget, the share holders will be due their dividends 😉

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

I think you will find that there are many other companies who have taken the same approach with increases in March/April of CPI + 3.8/3.9% so this appears to becoming the norm.  I agree it is big increase and was originally set when CPI was very low but CPI has increased significantly since then

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

I think this is probably the most helpful page I have found regarding the price increases.

As others have said, BT aren't alone in raising prices and whilst it is high, it is transparent.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Not bothered about full fibre accross the country and I am more than happy with the service. I have 2 properties, one with 10Mbps and the other with 140Mbps full fibre, buggered if I can tell the difference if I'm honest.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

I am presently paying £25.06. I have received a price increase notification of £2.33. By my reckoning then that is an increase of 9.3%.

I am well aware of the CPI + 3.9% malarkey - that is not my query. My query is regarding the CPI rate they have used ... I work it out as 5.4%. Where did they get that figure from? Is that really the pertinent CPI rate?

Thanks
Ian
http://www.siteguru.co.uk/be/ADSL2PlusForDummies.pdf - Having ADSL issues? Then read this PDF
Please don't click the star beside my name - too many stars makes you look like a swot!
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

5.4% in December 21 and 5.5% in Jan 22