Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
pokerbanter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 30

3 failed activation dates

Ordered BT package start of January. Tv, fibre & phone.

Activation date = 18th Jan

Came & went. Phone connected but no broadband & therefor no TV premium.
Called 'far away' callcentre & told capacity issue so new date of 26th January. I was not pleased as when signing up it clearly stated switching would result in at most 30 mins downtime. I explained at this time that I'm self employed, working from home & internet is a priority for me. Given the usual scapegoat excuses that its not BT fault as Openreach have to increase capacity. Was reassured that it WILL be sorted.

2nd activation - 26th January

Again came & went. Called again & told exact same thing. Capacity issue. I reiterated that i need internet to work in any way possible. After much to-ing & fro-ing i was put through to complaints department. I asked for a solution & told them that i am having to buy addon data via mobile just to access essential emails. I was told that i can connect via bt wifi......only problem is that the nearest point is 4 miles away. I was reassured that any data i buy will be refunded (i blooming hope so). I was also told that i had a new activation date of 11th February. This is a long time when work depends on it so i asked that if fibre wasnt available by this date could i please just have normal broadband. ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN NOTHING!! I was told that YES....she would put a note on.
I then asked if i could have a dongle to connect my PC to mobile broadband. Yes!! Was the answer & all data charges would be refunded. All i had to do was go to a bt shop (are there any??) & buy one. I told complaints that i would prefer they just sent me one out as its the least they could do. She agreed. I was happier now until i tried to get info on how to topup the dongle & would there be a limit on the data BT would refund. This is where having a call centre where there is a language barrier as the operative kept telling me if would 'recharge' automatically every time i plugged it in. So i was slightly confused but imagined i was being sent some unlimited data broadband dongle.
Next day it arrived. Shock horror....not a mobile broadband dongle at all but a simple wireless dongle to connect my PC wirelessly to my router!!!!! What good is that if i have no broadband activated on my router???
Anyway.....i was hopeful that by 11th February i would either have fibre i ordered or the very least have basic broadband.

3rd activation date - 11th February

Nothing. Not even regular broadband. RAGE! So back to foreign lands to hear the same excuses. Asked why i havent got normal broadband even though i requested & was promised last time? Dont worry they say..... you'll get a call from complaints department today & they will give you a 4th activation date probably in 3 or 4 days. Oh and they will put a request in to give me regular broadband if fibre isnt available. DEJA VU !!

So here i am. Losing money hand over fist. Subscriptions to netflix, Playstation etc all going to waste. Using multiple addons of data on mine & my wifes mobile to access the internet. I doubt I'll get a phone call today as not once have i been called by BT to tell me the activation isnt or hasnt happened.

This is a last throw of the dice before i cancel & go back to sky. When i do the linecheck thing for my box btw it says fibre is in a queue or waiting & there is an open order on my line for 19th January.

Lastly, hats off to me for not swearing once while writing this as the rage is ongoing.

PLEASE HELP!! I cant live life going from one activation to another with no end in sight.
0 Ratings
29 REPLIES 29
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 30

Re: 3 failed activation dates

Hello and welcome.

Sorry to hear about your problems.

Could you pop your telephone number into here - https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm?s_cid=ws_furls_adslchecker and post the results please. Remove your telephone number before posting.

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 30

only people whi can help are forum mods who are BT employees  they will post here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 30

@pokerbanter Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. I'm really sorry about the problems with your order and the difficulties you have had when speaking with the helpdesks. 

Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we. You can find the link by clicking on my username. We're really busy in the mod team at the moment so there will be a delay responding if you don't mind waiting.  Alternatively you can contact the orders team directly using this link Order Team

Thanks
Neil

0 Ratings
pokerbanter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 30

xchange NEWMILLS is served by Cabinet 4

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date
High Low High Low
FTTC Range A (Clean) 61.4 46.4 17.9 12.2 -- Waiting list
FTTC Range B (Impacted) 46.3 25.8 13.9 6.2 -- Waiting list
WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 5 -- 3 to 7.5 Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex M Up to 5 Up to 1 3 to 7.5 Available
ADSL Max Up to 5 -- 4 to 6 Available
WBC Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available
Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available
Other Offerings
Fibre Multicast -- -- -- Available
Copper Multicast -- -- -- Available

This PCP has a waiters list for FTTC services. You may place an order which will be dealt with in turn.

FTTC is currently not available on this cabinet due to following reasons:- Sorry your cabinet is temporarily unavailable, capacity will be restored as soon as possible.

WBC SOGEA is currently not available on this cabinet due to following reasons:- Sorry your cabinet is temporarily unavailable, capacity will be restored as soon as possible.

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC or WBC SOGEA) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

There are no left in jumpers available on this line. This line is on a Market B Exchange.

There is an open order on your line which is due to complete by 19-Jan-2016.

For FTTC Ranges A and B, the term "Clean" relates to a line which is free from any wiring issues (e.g. Bridge Taps) and/or Copper line conditions, and the term "Impacted" relates to a line which may have wiring issues (e.g. Bridge Taps) and/or Copper line conditions.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014. The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 31-Oct-2013; the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30-Jun-2014.
0 Ratings
pokerbanter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 30

New activation date 16th February & again i am GUARANTEED by complaints team in callcentre that it will be activated. Forgive me for being skeptical about my 4th guarantee
0 Ratings
pokerbanter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 30

What a surprise!! I called today as broadband not yet on and now given yet ANOTHER date for activation.

5th activation date - 18th February

I am dumbfounded at the incredible lack of customer service from BT. I have been told by call centre i will receive compensation for the missed activations & out of pocket data expenses for topping up my mobile with data but no idea if this will be materialise. This has turned from a simple change of provider to a an absolute nightmare. I'm losing money every day I'm not online and able to work from home properly. Totally disillusioned now
0 Ratings
pokerbanter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 30

What an absolute joke. No internet today again so date 5 passes. Called call centre and told theres no capacity blah blah there needs a new box at exchange. Given my SIXTH activation date of 9th March !!!!! That will be over 2 months since order.

Told call centre i had asked for normal broadband if infinity was not available and now told i need to cancel infinity & normal broadband can be activated today !!!!! Why the hell wasnt this done on 26th January.

So...... transferred to someone from uk call centre. HURRAH. Only problem is they are saying getting even regular broadband will take 5-7 days. Obviously something lost in translation with the indian call centre. This nightmare is ongoing.

So, why were indian call centre telling me if i didnt get fibre then normal broadband would be activated? They are either inept at their jobs, or are barefaced lying to customers. Which one is it?

My souldestroying journey with BT continues. Been 7 days waiting on here for any help too. I understand they are busy but if thats the case then BT should be spending their vast profits on providing a decent amount of customer service reps.

So....... normal broadband being activated in 5-7 days. Fibre coming in mid march and i will get that when available. Or will i? Who knows.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 30

have you contacted NeilO and taken up his offer of help with this problem
pokerbanter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 30

Received call from bt care team today. Thankfully they are now taking over my case so no more dealing with call centre far far away.

Infinity order now cancelled so that i can have regular broadband put back on until infinity is actually available. The date of availability is mid march but no guarantee.

Gutted at the service so far but at least getting basic broadband in 7 days so i can work properly as this whole saga has cost me a lot of lost time and money. I really wish i had stayed with Sky 😕
0 Ratings