cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pokerbanter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 30

Re: 3 failed activation dates

Just to add into last post as i didnt realised i couldnt copy/paste Openreach email reply.

The edited part of last post was basically an email reply from Openreach stating that demand is high and there is no further capacity for fibre at this time on my box. They are looking into it but cannot give any estimated date of when fibre may be available. What a farce of a company Openreach appear to be.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 30

The capacity issue will affect all providers not just BT Retail if there is space for additional cards in the cabinet then it may not take long if the cabinet is totally full then it may mean an additional cabinet installing which takes considerable time
0 Ratings
pokerbanter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 30

Indeed, the cabinet is full and a new one needs put in. I understand it weill affect whoever i went with but the reason i initially chose BT was because they said i COULD get it. It took 6 new dates and numerous calls to the far away call centre before BT care team took over and i managed to get put onto normal broadband as the call centre staff kept telling me lies and stringing me along rather than being honest about the chances of infinity being available.

I have been compensated for the service by the BT Care team but i still feel that BT as a company have been utterly dreadful and offered a service which they couldnt provide..... then tried to string me along on a wing and a prayer with empty promises.

What i was told i would get :

BT Infinity 2 fibre broadband

BT TV pack with extra channels & free Sports & AMC

Phone

Smooth switchover with no loss of service

£125 mastercard

What i actual;ly got

BT basic broadband

BT TV without ability to receive extra channels or sports or AMC

Phone

38 days of no service & multiple missed activations

Out of pocket expenses for data used in interim & loss of business time

I am now in the process of trying to claim my "reward" of the £125 mastercard which was promised upon signup. I believe my quidco cashback of £160 will be cancelled too. All in all i now cringe when i see all these high end fancy adverts from BT on my TV & internet and wish i had not been drawn in the first place towards promises of a better life.

0 Ratings
pokerbanter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 30

The first thing that BT should be doing as a company is removing their services from the call centre in India or wherever it is and increasing capacity in the BT Care team in the UK as they at least are able to help with issues & get some kind of resolution for you.

0 Ratings
pokerbanter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 30

This continues to rumble on unfortunately. I had thought BT Care had sorted this but just looking through my bill & see this :

One-off charges More information

Other one-off charges

This is the charge for the delivery of your BT product - 4 Mar 16

£7.95

Other one-off charges

This is the standard cost of your BT TV Activation - 4 Mar 16

£49.00

Late payment charge

To avoid paying this charge in future, -

£7.50

Total one-off charges

£64.45

The top 2 charges were supposed to be being wiped as i already had the equipment but BT sent another box out for TV (which got sent back) The BT activation is obviously not chargeable as i havent even recieved the package (better package) taht i originally ordered & which had no charge anyway !!!

The late payment charge has to be wiped because how could i pay the first bill when i was being charged for things which werent even active yet ??

Can someone from BT Care team please call me tomorrow after 3:40 please to get this sorted

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 30

Hey @pokerbanter,

I've been chatting with Michelle about it for you. She'll be in touch at the usual time. Hopefully we can clear up the last few details.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
pokerbanter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 30

Thanks @DanielS yes Michelle has been great so far & I'm pretty sure she already said these would all be not chargeable which is why i was surprised to be billed for them. She'll sort it for me i hope.
0 Ratings
Message 28 of 30

You are very welcome @pokerbanter.

She agrees with you and will be removing them. She'll still call you to confirm everything.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
pokerbanter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 30

Brilliant. Hats off to Michelle again 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Melissakx
Aspiring Contributor