cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

3 weeks without broadband after moving home

Hello

Last week I submitted request for moving my bt to new house. Unfortunately engineer will come on 23.05. We will be 3 weeks without broadband. BT WIFI we cant reach in our house. My partner working from home and he need home internet. Until now he used mobile data but finished so fast and we need to pay now extra for buying mobile data.

Can you find any solution for that please.

We cant wait until 23.05 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: 3 weeks without broadband after moving home

3 weeks seems a reasonable time for openreach to organise your move of connection  was there any reason for the very short time  before notifying BT about your home move and the need to move your internet connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Is reasonable if you not working from home. My partner is working from home and need connection.  We gave short notice becouse until last day we didnt know if we will pass references for new house.  We have huge bill to pay now from mobile network. Please can you provide me some connection. I know you can provide some temporary router with connection. If you will not find any  solution I will need to change provider who will do that in few days

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

You are not talking to BT, this is a customer to customer self help forum.

If you change provider (who probably won't be any quicker anyway) you will find yourself paying contract cancellation charges.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

@kinga1989jaroszewska  Are you absolutely certain you cannot use the mini-Hub that is supposed to be provided for home moves that take time to organise?

We found it brilliant! Did BT not offer you one?

Message 6 of 8

Not didnt offer me 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Call customer services 0800 800150 and ask for one.

Message 8 of 8

Unless there is an alternative to Openreach network, then the date you were given by BT is the date Openreach can do the work for BT, this would be the same date  if you used another provider that also uses Openreach network, so using  someone else that can offer a quicker install , depends on a different network also being available, and obviously that network provider being able to offer a quicker date.

0 Ratings