cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kiwibrit
Message 31 of 110

Re: £30.00 charge to cancel Broadband, switching to another supplier

I did not ask to transfer to another supplier.  I asked to be transferred to another Bt line within the same house - and have still been hit with the £30 charge!  Astonishing.

kiwibrit
Message 32 of 110

Further to my moan ablove, I complained on line.  Helpful customer service guy phoned me today - the £30 will be refunded.  Good result.Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Matt4321
Message 33 of 110

BT are the worst company I have ever delt with - I have just discovered about the £30 termination charge even if your contract is up. IF YOU READ THIS DONT SIGN UP TO BT. For the past 4 months I have had to ring them time and time again to sort mistakes out eg I asked for my BT Vision to be cancelled as the contract was up but no they decided to try and charge me the next month for it I rang again to say I had cancelled and they charged me again for the bronze package the next month to me thats breach of contract as they did not sort it out first and second time right and yet if I owed them money and did not pay my bill I bet they would charge me extra for missing my bill or threaten me with court but yet its ok for them to make mistakes time and time again and im not aloud to cancel. I reckon a couple of monkeys and a typewriter would do a better job. I was with Virgin before and never had one problem with them or a £30 charge just to cancel I wish I had never moved. Worst service ever

Distinguished Sage
Message 34 of 110

@Matt4321
You pay for all services in advance the same as most suppliers charge
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 35 of 110

@Matt4321 wrote:

............................................ I was with Virgin before and never had one problem with them or a £30 charge just to cancel I wish I had never moved. Worst service ever

All ISP's who use the telephone network are charged for the disconnection when you cancel the broadband. All ISP's can then pass on the charge to you.

If you were with Virgin Media then that is a Cable company.

I am also very surprised that IF as you say , you never had one problem with them, why would you have left them thenSmiley Wink

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Matt4321
Message 36 of 110

I moved because my virgin contract was up and I wrongly thought I would of had a better service. I was promised of a connection speed of nearly 8mbs p/s (close to what i was getting to virgin)  and i only got 4mbs p/s  and the on demand TV sounded good at the time. Also its not just the £30 cancel fee its the overall service - explain to me why it took a few months of me complaining to get my bt vision turned off properly without it showing on my bill and them trying to charge me for a service I clearly cancelled. Why does anyone sign up to anything ask yourself? How did I know BT service was **bleep** as it sounded good with all the promises of a great service from BT sales teams. I like the way you can only answer the bit about the £30 and not the complaint as a whole. Does people actually pay you for these answers? You should think before you answer next time any normal day to day person who is not up BTs **** would clearly agree why pay for a bad service. And why waste time on the phone for hours to sort out mistakes that BT make. Smiley Very Happy love the smiley faces by the way 🙂 And to be honest I dont care about other ISP's id probably quite happly pay the £30 if the company was not a nightmare to deal with like BT.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 37 of 110

@Matt4321 wrote:

I moved because my virgin contract was up and I wrongly thought I would of had a better service. I was promised of a connection speed of nearly 8mbs p/s (close to what i was getting to virgin)  and i only got 4mbs p/s  and the on demand TV sounded good at the time. Also its not just the £30 cancel fee its the overall service - explain to me why it took a few months of me complaining to get my bt vision turned off properly without it showing on my bill and them trying to charge me for a service I clearly cancelled. Why does anyone sign up to anything ask yourself? How did I know BT service was **bleep** as it sounded good with all the promises of a great service from BT sales teams. I like the way you can only answer the bit about the £30 and not the complaint as a whole. Does people actually pay you for these answers? You should think before you answer next time any normal day to day person who is not up BTs **** would clearly agree why pay for a bad service. And why waste time on the phone for hours to sort out mistakes that BT make. Smiley Very Happy love the smiley faces by the way 🙂 And to be honest I dont care about other ISP's id probably quite happly pay the £30 if the company was not a nightmare to deal with like BT.

Your obviously blaming everyone and everything for your mistakes .Smiley Tongue

How did I know you ask, the same way anyone else would know, do a bit of research before you agree to anything.

The trouble with you is you do your research after you have signed up.Smiley Wink

toekneem

(EASBF)

Matt4321
Message 38 of 110

Just updating yet another mistake by BT. Blaming everyone else I think not you idiot. Watched a program on BBC the other week there about BT with that fella Dom in it (Dont get done get Dom) And all I can say to BT is shove it up you as you deserve everything you get. I take it all the customer complaints on that television show were blaming everyone else to. So I think it speaks for itself when I got yet another mistake on my final bill. Thank **** it is the final Bill ye ha see ya ha ha **** you very much. You need taught a lesson in good customer service.

0 Ratings
gizt107
Contributor
Message 39 of 110

Hi Matt -  you seem as unhappy as am (probably for better reason). There is very little sympathy in these forums - everyone else seems to tow a very similar line.

I'll check out the program you mentioned; it would be good to hear other people's real views of BT.

0 Ratings
tynesider2
Beginner
Message 40 of 110

Hi, I was shocked when I received my final bill from BT today and the £30 charge was on there. I rang customer service and duly waited in the queue for 10 minutes. The call was answered by a nice lady in India and she informs me the £30 will be refunded when. Return the home hub? Watch this space! I have the lady's name and the time of the call if I need to pursue......
0 Ratings