cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavidCo
Expert
Message 1 of 11

30% price increase!

I have a BT package that includes Infinity 1, Anytime calls, BT TV (YouView etc)
I had spoken to BT during the last, not latest, price increase and was told that my contract expires next Feb (2019)
I have just had my monthly bill email and 'noticed' that it had jumped up by £17.
Upon investigation it transpires that the 'Major' part of my package, that is the BB, had expired (18 months)
I did not get any notification of this fact and relied on the Feb date given!
Very clever BT!

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Colly-FC
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 11

Re: 30% price increase!

Is that because line rental saver had run out? In any case they always state that they give plenty of notice but not in your case!
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

I am sorry to hear that @DavidCo.

Did you ask us when all of your contracts ended or did you ask for one? Have you spoken with our Loyalty team on 0800800030, option 1? They may be able to help with your package price.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
DavidCo
Expert
Message 4 of 11

I had just spoken to the help line about the 'increase of the day' that I'd missed, my fault entirely!

I had spoken about re-contracting (meaning, of course the entire package) and was told that it would be Feb '19

The 'BB' side of the package is the majority - I'm not fussed about pence after all!

The issue I have is that whilst I get an email (Wed 8th) about some price change from 16th Sept where Broadband and calls will increase by £2.50/month.

It then says 'Act now'

Keep the same great broadband at the same price you pay today, when you renew with us.

I did not get an email about an increase of £17/month

They have sneaked the £17 increase in and tried to confuse the issue with another 'offer'

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

If you're happy, we can take a look at your account for you and work out exactly what has happened. We'll also check to see if we can help you in any way. Would you be ok with this?

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Highlighted
DavidCo
Expert
Message 6 of 11

@DanielS

Sorry I took so long to reply, have been away.

Yes, that would be very kind of you.

David

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Hi @DavidCo Thanks for posting back and we will be happy to help you. Send us your details by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods and complete the form and one of the team will be in touch.

Thanks
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
DavidCo
Expert
Message 8 of 11

Sorry, I forgot to post back

That's done, I have the email response

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Hi @DavidCo Thanks for that and one of the team will be in touch in the next day or 2.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 10 of 11

@DavidCo good speaking with you there, I'm glad my colleague in the Loyalty team was able to get your deal sorted for you 🙂

Please post back if there's anything else we can help with.

Thanks

Community ModeratorStephanie
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings