cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dandydemon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

4 months, elderly Mum still can't get BT Basic

Trying for 4 months.  About 4 hours on the phone, plus online chat.  First form didn't arrive.  Second did, returned the same day.  Rang BT as yet another large bill arrived, they hadn't received it.  Raised a complaint and the handler assured me a new form was Being sent, would receive within 5 days.  Didn't arrive, I was holiday, my poor Mum, 89, disabled and frail, receives a letter saying she couldn't have basic as she isnt on the right benefits, or didn't reply in time.  We are told we can't apply for another six months, and now she is on an expensive broadband and landline package!!  A disabled, priority customer is being denied the best package for her, because BT just can't get it together.  I've tried the complaint handler on the direct number, no reply, left a message 3 days ago.  I have no way of sorting this out.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: 4 months, elderly Mum still can't get BT Basic

is your mother a current bt broadband customer?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 9

Hi @Dandydemon sorry that your Mum has not had any joy getting BT Basic set up. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how to contact the Mod team and we will be happy to help you with this.

Cheers
John

Dandydemon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Thank you John, appreciate it, will end on reply,

Karen

0 Ratings
Dandydemon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 9

She had landline, broadband and bt tv.  Hopefully John the moderator can sort it out, but thanks for replying!

0 Ratings
Dandydemon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Claiming back overpayments

Thanks to the mods, Mum is finally on BT basic.  She is now £128 in credit, but I can't see how to claim this back?

Thank you

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

Re: Claiming back overpayments

This would normally be used to offset future bills, but I have ask a moderator to comment.

Message 8 of 9

Hi @Dandydemon,

Thank you for posting. That credit would as @Keith_Beddoe has said be used to offset future bills, or if you would prefer I can get the credit back to you Mum's bank account if she pays by Direct Debit.

If you would like I can take a look at your mom's account? 

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact me.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks

PaddyB

Dandydemon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Will do, thanks Paddy!

0 Ratings