This is quite a story, but forgive me if I do not spare you the details. Every day I speak to someone different on the phone and I feel they have very little sympathy for the state of this order; as a result I would like someone to take personal responsibility of the issue, if they have not done so already (an official complaint has been filed earlier today).
4 weeks ago, on the 20th September I placed an order for BT Infinity, due to be serviced by the 15th October. I did not recieve an order confirmation for this, so after one week I phoned the number provided to check everything was on track. I was assured by the order management team that everything was fine and was given a tracking number to view my order online. I checked this regularly over the following weeks.
On Saturday 13th October, several days after the BT equipment was supposed to have arrived, I phoned order management again, who forwarded me to a separate department. I was informed that there was an issue at the local exchange, where my order was "stuck", but nevertheless wasn't flagged as an apparent problem. I was told to expect a call back on Monday 15th to cancel my order and place a new one. My new order was then to be "expedited" and I could expect to have the issue resolved "in a few days" (please check the recordings).
- On Monday 15th I cancelled my order and was told to wait 24 hours before placing a new one.
- On Tuesday 16th I placed a new order and was told to wait 24 hours before recieving a call to expedite the installation.
- On Wednesday 17th I recieved a call informing me my order on Tuesday 16th had been cancelled as it was not properly completed by the sales team. I was forwarded back to the sales team and placed a new order.
- On Thursday 18th I recieved a call informing me that a request had been sent to expedite my order, I was told to wait 24 hours before receiving a new installation date (for which I was given no choice as to appropriate times).
- On Friday 19th (today) I was informed that the "earliest possible date" for installation is the 27th October. When I subsequently asked when the broadband equipment was due to arrive, the answer was the "5th of November", two days before my non-expedited order date. As it turns out, only the phone line installation was expedited, meaning I would regardless have to wait until the 7th of November for broadband installation (requiring two separate engineer visits). When I asked to expedite this, I was informed that this could only be done 3 days after phone line installation, so a minimum full installation date would be around the 1st November.
The issues are as follows:
1. I placed this order on 20th September; as it stands this is due to arrive on the 7th November, but possibly on the 1st November. This is a waiting time of between 6 and 7 weeks. I couldn't care less what date the phone line is installed - I placed the order to get broadband.
2. 6-7 weeks represents a significant opportunity cost for me, during which I could have been online with a BT competitor.
3. BT have made a series of mistakes in processing the order, specifically:
- Not recognising a problem in the original order
- Not recognising a problem when I asked about the original order
- Not recognising a problem in the original order when equipment wasn't sent out
- Informing me that the situation would be resolved in "a few days", thereby precluding me transferring to a competitor immediately
- Failing to place an order correctly a second time
4. BT's order management system seems to be based on 24 hour waiting periods, during which separate departments are not able to communicate. As a result, I have had to wait a whole week just to replace my order.
5. I have been on the phone with your team every day this week and have likely had over 15 phone calls.
6. BT's definition of "expediting" is a misnomer. At this stage, nothing has been sped up. All I have is two engineer visits instead of one.
I am sorry to see you are having problems with your BT Service
I suggest you contact the forum mods they should be able to get this problem sorted for you this is a link to them http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951
They normally reply by email or phone directly to you within 3 working days they will take personal ownership of your problem until resolved and will keep you informed of progress
They are a UK based BT specialist team who have a good record at getting problems solved
This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators