cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
tomm1985
Message 1 of 4

7 Week wait time for engineer to move master socket?

We just had a big extension built on the house and we want the master socket moving from its current location and into the new entrance/porch. also then a socket connecting up in the new bedroom to which we have allready ran the cable from the new bedroom and back down to the spot where the new master socket will be. the bedroom socket will be for the infinity broadband where the computer is.

after 20 minutes on the phone the earliest appointment i was offered was mon the 11th of february, which is almost 7 weeks from today.

i know its just been christmas and didnt expect and appointment within 2 weeks, but nearly 7 weeks is a bit much.

is moving existing customers sockets lower priority than new customer installations or something? im pretty sure when we joined up we got an appointment to get everything fitted in around a 2 week time frame from the initial phone call.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: 7 Week wait time for engineer to move master socket?

BT do not provide or maintain the external network, or alter the location of master sockets. This is done by Openreach who work for all service providers. BT do not get any special treatment.

Openreach have a backlog of work due to the recent bad weather, so installation and repairs are taking much longer than normal.

0 Ratings
tomm1985
Message 3 of 4

Re: 7 Week wait time for engineer to move master socket?

ok that clears it up. i was unsure when i spoke to the guy on the phone at bt that he understood what i was asking for.

i guess a 7 week wait points to it being done by openreach, with what you just said above.

the main armoured cable comes up in the "old" halway. when we did the extension work we ducted the cable so that it can be pulled back and reloacted up the wall of the new porch and brought into the house there. and then from there feed the new bedroom.

i was in 2 minds after the phone call to bt to ring openreach and find out if relocating the black armoured cable was there responsibility.

so the 7 week wait i guess is waiting for a slot with openreach.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4
Moved:

Engineer charge.

0 Ratings