cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeany
Message 1 of 6

8% pay increase?

why has the price risen by a whole 8%? This is way beyond RPI. This makes BT one of the most expensive for line rental - even with Line Rental saver. Last year I paid £140, this year it is £169.. what else am I getting for my money. I am changing Line Rental to EE with whom I get my broadband. Theirs for the year is just £132 and it includes a call package. BT, you can't do this without making loyal customers leave. Virgin keep donig the same too.. price increasew way beyond rpi with no extra benefits.
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: 8% pay increase?

BT has lots of shareholders who want to be paid a dividend every year.  The only way BT can afford it is to charge more for their services than they actually cost.  The more they charge, the more profits BT makes, and the happier the shareholders are.

Customers are just a source of money.  BT doesn't particularly care about them.

Highlighted
ernie_c
Expert
Message 3 of 6

It's unreasonable to compare the increase in a single item to inflation as inflation contains many components.

I don't see many complaining about the huge percentage decreases in the price of petrol.
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

@ernie_c wrote:
It's unreasonable to compare the increase in a single item to inflation as inflation contains many components.

I don't see many complaining about the huge percentage decreases in the price of petrol.

ahhhh, so does the price of oil, and petrol is only one of them 🙂

toekneem

(EASBF)

clothtabs
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Ectophile is correct, BT customers are cash cows.
New customers get all of the sign on perks and to them the new line rental cost is worth paying considering all of the other discounts. As for existing customers -- tough, they're more likely to moan and pay up rather than move on !
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

@clothtabs wrote:
Ectophile is correct, BT customers are cash cows.
New customers get all of the sign on perks and to them the new line rental cost is worth paying considering all of the other discounts. As for existing customers -- tough, they're more likely to moan and pay up rather than move on !

I have to say, more fool them then.

I will say to everyone, whenever ANY contract is due for renewal then spend a little while checking what is available to you.

Sometimes (with insurance co's in particular) it even pays not to renew and to sign up again as a new online customer.(perfectly legal).

All companies know that the majority of their existing customers cannot be bothered to keep swapping and untill that changes companies will continue to offer better deals to attract new customers.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings