cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

£9.99 upfront renewal fee

I am about to renew my contract. On my BT homepage, I have a choice of "Broadband Unlimited" or "Broadband Unlimited Halo 1" (no mention of fibre oddly enough despite BT calling me every other week to offer it).

The offer price for Broadband Unlimited is the same as I have been paying for the past 18 months, which is great, but the offer mentions "£9.99 upfront" which says "This includes both the activation fee for your services and the delivery charge for your new kit". However - it says right above it "£0 activation" - which is right?

And as for "new kit" I already have a Home Hub 4 as listed in the offer - would I get sent a new Home Hub 4?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: £9.99 upfront renewal fee

Hey @MCG65 

You can see if fibre is available by inputting your phone number here: https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ please post results but remove the number.

BT do give out Smart Hubs for ADSL Connections sometimes, this may be the case.

I would recommend giving BT a call to clarify. You usually get better deals this way as well.

Thanks

--
If I have helped you in anyway please press the Kudo button (thumbs up)
If I have resolved your post please click 'Mark as Accepted Solution'
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 4

Ring Customer Options on 0800 800 030 - they will be able to waive the £9.99 if asked politely, they did for me as I already had a smart hub. The £9.99 is for posting the unnecessary hub that you don't want - the activation fee would be extra if applicable.

You can ask them about the Halo 1 product.

If you ring the Options Team you don't have to accept any of the offers they dig out for you - it would be best to see what you get and then have a think before accepting anything.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

If you are intending to stay on standard (ADSL) broadband, then the home hub 4 is the best one to use, I would not bother with any of the later ones, until you have the option of upgrading to FTTC, which is just fibre to the cabinet, and copper to your house.