cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yangranzhang
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

9 weeks waiting time before broadband installation, total disaster

Dear BT, if you ask anyone in the UK if they could cope without internet for 9 weeks, most people will say no.  So how come you think it is acceptable to let customer wait 9 weeks before you come and install the broadband for them?  And that is if you keep your promise at all.

I was believing that BT is a reputable company and I signed up the 50M broadband.  I was told I had to wait 6 weeks before installation.  This is extremely long waiting time.  But I convinced myself that this is due to the covid19.

Today, after long 6 weeks of waiting, the BT engineer came, and told me that he could not do the job because it requires 2 people.  I then called BT customer service and was told that I have to wait for another 3 weeks.

I will have no internet for 9 weeks and the only way I could communicate with others is my phone.

Total disaster and disgrace.  Never again BT.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Starwire
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: 9 weeks waiting time before broadband installation, total disaster

If it’s a 2 Man Job then the Engineer would normally put in for an Assist.

It wouldn’t be up to the CP to do that.

Was the Installation Engineer from Kelly’s Communications or MJ Quinn’s by any chance? 

0 Ratings
Lisa1972
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

After the way I have been treated today it does not surprise me at all.

Appalling and not reputable at all.

0 Ratings
yangranzhang
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

I really have no idea.  the engineer said he is a contractor and not employee for bt.  but for sure its not customers fault that they couldn't get the job done?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings