Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
walkman1943
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 14

A Complete Fiasco with BT.

Hi folks

Have been in bother with BT since the 1st November when a lady came on to ask if I would consider extending my contract which was due to end on 15th January 2018. I agreed on the condition that prices would stay the same, the only difference being that free calls would increase by 51p per month in Jan 2018 to £7.50. She immediately set up a new contract, a copy of which I received about 15 minutes later. Two weeks later I got an email from BT to say my usual monthly bill was now online. I went to have a look and check it on lt to discover that the new contract had been rejected. Thus began a fiasco that continues until today.

I contacted BT and another contract was setup but this too was rejected by the system. I didn't get any confirmation of it going through so was in contact again. Finally on 22nd December 2017 I got another contract and this time it was confirmed.

I have a copy of it in my possession and it gives full details of prices etc and confirms starting date as the 16th January 2018.

At the same time I had a call from the complaints department in Durham who assured me everthing was good to go and that the contract would immediately follow the old one on the 16th January. This was after numerous chat lines, calls, and being moved around the world to almost every conceivable country to call centres. I was happy that things had been resolved and so I had a good Xtmas even though I had been put through hell with contacts within BT who had no answer to my problem.

Little did I know that things would change drastically for the worse. On the 5th January I came home at 2.00pm to find I had no services. Thinking I had a fault I rang BT to be told my account had been closed, I no longer exsted on the system and that I was responsible for what had happened which  was totally untrue. I was constantly in touch with BT on a daily basis, sometimes I rang them and sometimes they rang me. But nobody was able to tell me what was going on or why I had been switched off. I'm still in the same predicament today the 10th Jan 2018. Because the account was cancelled another new contract had to be set up. This was done on 6th January. Shorty after receiving confirmation I had a call from a guy who described himself as the engineering manager. He confirmed what was in the contract but said he had managed to get an earlier date for the services to be switched on which would be the 12th January 2018. He went on to confirm that this would definitely happen and that he would telephone me on Monday 13th January to confirm that I was happy with things. But just to add insult to injury I received another email yesterday 9th January 2018 to say and I quote Hello Mr Rodgers,

Your broadband start date is changing from 12-Jan-2018 to 18-Jan-2018. Your phone service start date is changing from 12-Jan-2018 to 18-Jan-2018. Services can start/stop any time up to midnight on their start/stop date. Any broadband kit you're expecting will now arrive on 17 Jan 2018.

I'm not long off with BT today after being told that I was never a customer of theirs and that because I'm a new customer it would take up to 18th January 2018 to switch me on. The lady was rather taken aback when I told her that I had rejoined the company in Jan 2017 and had been using infinity broadband since then. She had really no answer as to what had happened, thinking perhaps that someone had switched me off in error. She still was adamant that no one was able to switch my services on until 18th Jan becuase of the work load of BT engineers. I tried to argue that because of the way I have been treated by BT I would have thought that the least BT could do was fast track the switch on. She agreed but stated it was more difficult to switch services on rather than switch them off.So that's where I am at the moment with no telephone, no broadband, no services from BT and the sad thing is that no one from BT seems to care. Looking back over the last while its obvious BT has messed up big time and over the weeks I've had promises made, callbacks promised  but nothing has materialised. Yesterday I was told a manager would call me before 9.00p.m but it never happened. Today I was promised a manager would again call me immediately after my call ended and you've guessed it - has never happened. So where can one go from here to get things resolved. I will speak to my solicitor, the ombudsman, Which magazine and the press if things are not resolved as promised on Friday 12th Jan.Hope someone responsible within BT is reading this and starts to get things moving on this very sad and sorry episode. Seems to me that the company is so big the right hand doesn;t know what the left had is doing. Time to get the finger out BT and get your act together or you will have another customer walking away from you.

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: A Complete Fiasco with BT.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

@walkman1943 I'm so sorry about this, your recent experience with BT makes for shocking reading and I apologise for all the inconvenience caused.  Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll be happy to help. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
walkman1943
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 14

Hi Neill
Thanks for quick reply. Really appreciate it very much indeed. Makes for a pleasant change. EDITED By MOD
Hope this helps
Gerald

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 14

Please remove those personal details. You need to contact the mods via the link provided, only visible using the full site not the mobile site.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 14

@walkman1943 please click on this link https://community.bt.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/128692

And you should see somethinng like this Moderator contact link image

Click on the contact link, and fill in the details on the form.

To see the contact link, you need to view the forum in the full site view, not the mobile view.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

@walkman1943 You'll need to send your details in on the contact link I mentioned.

contact the mods.png

0 Ratings
walkman1943
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 14

Hi

Have looked but can't find the link you refer to. I'm at a loss to see where it is. Can you give me a direct link please. I did see under Neill's image what I thought was a blue link but nothing happens when you press it.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 14

@walkman1943  Neil only posted an image of where the link is, as he cannot post a direct link on this forum.

If you click on this link https://community.bt.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/128692

Can you see the blue "click here to contact the mods" link below his picture?

Are you using a computer, or just a mobile?

0 Ratings
walkman1943
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 14

Got it this time and filled in form as requested. Look forward to some headway on the problem now.

0 Ratings