cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sazzle36
Beginner
278 Views
Message 1 of 3

A cautionary tale- hopefully sky will be better!

Our phone line was faulty over 2 months ago, and after doing all the checks advised, we got an engineer out. We were told it would be unlikely we would be charged, but could be. I watched the engineer fix the central white box. So over 2months later on Wednesday I got a shock when I opened my bill thro email and the £129.99 is coming out of my account on Monday. The engineers report says that he worked on internal wiring, I thought that the central white box was not part of this, so I wouldn't be charged. Alas, I was wrong. I have been chastised for complaining at all-could of checked my bill online 3 days earlier and had more warning, should of known that I could be charged up to 6 months after engineer visit - who new!!! Certainly not me!!!!! Have spoken to 3 different departments and all 3 staff have been so busy telling me why I have no right to be upset a few weeks before Xmas that an extra £129.99 is coming out my account, that no one once said sorry that I am unhappy. I am so glad that I have funds to cover it. But a cautionary tale and has made me get my finger out and change to Sky which is £11 a month cheaper for me and the same broadband speed. So farewell to BT, I will not miss you.
0 Ratings
Reply
2 REPLIES 2
ernie_c
Expert
240 Views
Message 2 of 3

Re: A cautionary tale- hopefully sky will be better!

You do realise that changing to Sky only changes who bills you for your landline service?

BT Openreach will still maintain your equipment which will be the same equipment.

Any charge that BT Openreach feel necessary to pass to your supplier will be passed on, independent of who your supplier is.

Your supplier will pass this charge onto you. Sky will not absorb a £130 charge.
0 Ratings
Reply
duncan10
Expert
233 Views
Message 3 of 3

Re: A cautionary tale- hopefully sky will be better!

I realise your moving to Sky but I am a bit puzzled by your comment-----quote="after doing all the checks advised". I take it you were told to remove the front cover of the master socket and plug a phone in there .If so what was the outcome of that? Because that would eliminate all the internal wiring and extensions. So if the engineer found a fault in the XTN wiring and you were charged[quite rightly] as that wiring belong to you. Why werent you told that the line was okay to the master socket ?? If you had been told that the you would have realised that the fault was in the internal wiring and you would NOT be surprised to be charged for fixing it.STRANGE??

0 Ratings
Reply