cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Flower75
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 14

A month and a half and still no line nor broadband / Action required immediately

Hello,

I would like to start by saying that I can't believe that in 2015 in central London someone could wait more than a month and a half to get internet and a phone line.

I moved into a new building on the 24 of July.

I called BT 2 weeks before that to get everything ready for the move in date.

BT got confused with the flat number and it took 2 weeks to identify the issue.

Then at the end of July, after confirmation of the flat number, the whole process needed to be started from the beginning.

I was promised to get broadband within the following 10days, so I waited.

10 days later still nothing and no update, every time I called I was told that no one could help me.

My case was handled by an offline team that could not be joined.

They refused to give me any information and I was told to wait for their phone call. Needless to say no one called me.

It seems that none of my complaints was raised to the relevant team or that they didn't care.

Every time I call BT, I have to explain everything back again as if they have no trace of my account history.

Last time they pretend they use different systems...

All in all, after a month and half of struggle, BT confirms that everything is fine on their side with the landline and the broadband but it is still not working for me.

I have tried everything with the filter and without it, using the test socket ... I don't get a dial tone and the hub is still orange with a flashing red B.

Now BT tells me that they can send an engineer but that I might be charged 130£ if the problem is within my property.

How can that be even possible ??

I am the dissatisfied customer and they want to put the fault on me ?

It is their job that was done wrong, they didn't give me any info.

As of today, I still don't know what is the issue and apparently neither does BT and I should be charged for that ?

I request to have a full disclosure of the problem by email so that I have a written proof.

And I demand to have someone sent to fix the problem ASAP.

I feel that my case should be handled the most urgently after such a long delay.

I am going to be charged a premium price for the package, I expect to have a premium service !

And once this is sorted out, I expected to be compensated for this delay.

Thank you for your prompt action on this

Regards

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: A month and a half and still no line nor broadband / Action required immediately

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 3 of 14

Re: A month and a half and still no line nor broadband / Action required immediately

Hi Flower75, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. 

I am sorry that your service is not working yet. I would like to take a look at your account to see what is happening. 

Can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile and I will be in touch. 

Thanks,

OlgaC

Community ModeratorOlga
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Flower75
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 14

Can someone help me out here ?

I received again another phone call today to see if my broadband/line was activated.

Still not the case, the person on the line was supposed to call me back after a quick check and did not do it.

Again another lie and fake promise !

This is getting really tiresome, what should I do to get someone to look into this?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 14

complete the email after following the mods contact us link.  they will take personal responsibility until resolved

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 14

have you contacted OlgaC ? as the mod team will own your problem personally until fully resolved
0 Ratings
Flower75
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 14

Message de David Moon

Hello David,

The engineer came to my flat today to fix the issue.

Apparently my line was not even connected !

It took him about 45min and now I have access to the phone but still no internet !

Could you please help me urgently on this, it has been nearly 2 months since my first call to BT.

And because no one thought about checking my connection, I had no service this whole time.

Thank you

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 8 of 14

Hi Flower75,

Thanks for the post. I am glad to hear your phone at least is working now. 

Can you reply back to David's last email and he will be back in touch then to help get your broadband working. 

Thanks,

OlgaC 

Community ModeratorOlga
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Flower75
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 14

Hello, 

I did but the email was sent from the Forum moderation team generic email.

I received a automatic reply stating that it was not monitored.

Could you confrim that he received it ?

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 10 of 14

Hi Flower75, 

That's ok. David will be in touch later on today to move forward. 

Thanks,

OlgaC 

Community ModeratorOlga
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings