cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 161 of 256

Re: ANOTHER above inflation price increase from BT.

I received my email and had decided to leave for another supplier. I followed the link for my "exclusive offer" in the email which didn't work so that annoyed me even more.

Anyway rang the cancellation line and the lady quickly realised I had renewed my contract 14 days ago at a price of £21.85 for Infinity 1. I advised this was too much. She immediately offered me £18.50 a month.

I rejected this and got a further offer of £10.00 per month which includes the price rise. Line rental on top. All received in an email confirming the price before July and post July.

So I am happy and with little or no effort on my behalf. It can be done.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 162 of 256

I never received an email, can I still leave?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 163 of 256

You will and Yes.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 164 of 256

I have also still not received an email or letter about the price rises.

Darren

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 165 of 256

no communication here

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 166 of 256

Nothing here.

Stew

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 167 of 256

Adding Insult To Injury

Just received an email from BT detailing the price increases (sorry, BT says they're changes). My Line Rental increases by £1, Broadband & Calls by £3 and Entertainment Minus (sorry, BT calls it Plus) HD by £1.

In return, I get some paltry offerings which are of no use whatsoever.... but wait! What's this? A specially tailored offer just for me. So I click the magic button to see this amazing offer.

It's a special price on Infinity 2 Broadband giving amazing download speeds of up to 76mbs. Just one little problem, BT - my maximum line speed is about 28mbs, so if I took up your offer I'd be paying even more for even less. Nice try. Where did I put that Virginmedia number?

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 168 of 256

Reasons why i actually like the new package offer

forum topics of this nature understandably just reflect the negative posts so today i compared the new billing offer and found that it's not all bad news.

PROS:

Option to unsubscribe from 'inclusive' services 

i dont want unlimited telephone calls and don't want to subsidise telephone junkies.

i don't want BT sport or contribute to the immorally high soccer salarys. The average Premier League salary comes in at £44,000 per week , that's partly from your money...  that sucks.

Given these new options i can configure my plan such that i'm going to pay less

Reliable and fast broadband:

in the last year BT has never let me down. that's a big deal and technically difficult to achieve as you mayl find out if you throw your dummy out of the pram and go sign up with anyone else.

BT moving away from overseas call centres:

when we call (or web chat) for help, we all want to speak to someone who understands our needs, is in our time zone, and feels responsible for the company they are representing. That can be abroad, from non-native english speakers, i have no problem with that,  but that rarely works.

CONS:

i'd say BT are not alone in this, but why all the complicated stuff like 'x for n months' then y.  !!!! ...  how on earth can consumers compare plans over a reasonable average period like 12 months. Do the marketing people think we are all idiots?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 169 of 256

@conrad wrote:

Have been in touch with Customer options initially to query why I had received an email saying my free caller display was ending on 1st June when all my contracts started 12 Jun 2015 - the explanation was that because I had agreed on the 1st June 2015 to recontract for 12 mnths even though the start dates were from the 12th the caller display was triggered immediately.

We then discussed the recontracting costs and I was offered BT Broadband Extra for 24 mnths at £8 pm - this being the post 3 July price with unlimited anytime calls at £6.20 post 3 July -  an overall saving of £3.00 on my current charges. I haven't yet agreed to anything yet.  I know that I am quoting £s but in posts I have made in previous years about recontracting costs this has never been a problem.

Regarding the 24 month B/B contract is this just something for people renewing at the moment as the contract periods are shown as 12 months on the main site.

Have been able to access the better value offer link which now shows £5.00 pm for a 12 month contract but there is no mention of the anytime calls so I assume that should rise from the current £5.65 to £6.50 which would give a total of £11.50 pm which is lower than the initial offer from the Options team.

The only thing I don't like is it appears that I will get an HH4 for £7.95 which I don't want.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 170 of 256

Re: Reasons why i actually like the new package offer

In the last 9 months BT have let me down at lest once as I was left with an intermittent Infinity service for at lest 2 weeks before they finally decided to send out an Openreach engineer to fix the fault  that also left me with poor BT TV and Netflix service and at lest one of there customer service help team was not very helpful at all I thought. 

Apart from that I have never really had any major problems with BT in all the years I have been with them.

Have only ever had a few minor problems with BT in all the years I have been with them but everyone gets minor broadband problems at lest once no matter what company they are with.

I'm still using the HH3 and Openreach modem. BT don't seem to be offering me the HH5. Even though I have had very little problems with the HH3. Have had the Openreach modem replace at lest twice in the just over 5 years I have been on Infinity.

Darren

0 Ratings