Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
DandC
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

AVOID BT!!!!!

Ok so I've been with BT for a few months and I've never been so shocked by bad customer service. So BT's services rarely work, but that's nothing compared to the services I have received.
1. When we first got our BT, the engineer installed it wrong, meaning my wifi didn't work, I rang so many times just to be told to re-set it OVER AND OVER AGAIN. They soon realised it didn't work because the engineer got it wrong. Once it was finally set up, although it was actually in my room, with strong signal, it would constantly go out of range.

2. Whenever I have rang up with any issues, I'm put through to someone in a totally different country who has no idea what I'm talking about, as they can't understand me. IF IM CALLING FROM THE UK I WANT TO SPEAK TO SOMEONE FROM THE UK. I don't pay (WAS £47 NOW £70 DUE TO PRICE RISES) I don't pay that much to speak to someone who can't understand me.

3. When we moved home, we booked in for an engineer, he never turned up.
During this time of moving home, they apparently sent me an email stating the new price rises, which OFCOURSE I never saw due to MOVING HOME, plus having to wait because the engineer never turned up so I had no wifi to check my emails, so because I never got back to them during the 30 day period, I'm stuck either paying £70 per month, or over £500 to terminate my contract with BT. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA YEAH OK cause I'm gonna stop paying my rent so I can pay BT for their shocking services.

I have given up with calling them, I now resort to the online chat which is even worse because in the end they have to call you anyway. The ammount of times I have been hung up on by BT is SHOCKING. Before I even get to say anything I hear them answer, I hear all the talking in the background THEN I GET CUT OFF because their lazy workers can't be bothered!!

CAN ANYONE HELP ME? I refuse to pay over £500 to end my contract but I also refuse to continue my contract just because I never saw the email because THEIR engineer didn't turn up to install my wifi so I couldn't check my emails.
0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: AVOID BT!!!!!

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
DandC
Beginner
Message 3 of 13

Hi thanks will they actually be able to do anything to help me? X
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Hi @DandC Sorry you are not happy with the service you have received and your contract. 

You would be best to contact our complaints team here You can call, chat or email them for help. 

Cheers

John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
DandC
Beginner
Message 5 of 13

I have already made a complaint, nobody bothered to get back Intouch although I was promised a call back regarding it. I have been on the phone several times just to go round and round in circles, this has gone on long enough which is why im on here looking for help! Believe me it was a last resort
0 Ratings
Lithurge
Beginner
Message 6 of 13

It's a pain but after 8 weeks from the date of your original complaint you can take it to the ombudsman. Details in the PDF below (from the complaints page the Mod linked to).

http://www.btplc.com/Thegroup/RegulatoryandPublicaffairs/Codeofpractice/CustomerComplaintsCode/Compl...

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Hi @DandC Sorry you haven't received a callback to your complaint. 

We are very busy at the moment but if you can wait then please send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods. If your request is urgent then you should go through the complaints link I provided earlier.

Thanks
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
DandC
Beginner
Message 8 of 13

I clicked on your username but I couldn't find anything saying contact the mods?
0 Ratings
DandC
Beginner
Message 9 of 13

I've already contacted them, and watchdog, I'm stuck I don't know what to do I can't resolve this because every time I try to I'm put through to someone who has no idea what I'm saying, they just say they're "adding notes to my account" £500 they want off me! It's shocking! X
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Hi @DandC

Thanks for posting back and apologies for the mix up.

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings