Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Rosco999
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Absolute nightmare moving home

I recently moved home and informed BT before and gabe dates etc.

Was informed that on my move in date to plug in and setup equipment and i would be good to go - this turned out to be false.

After waiting a week i called today and was on the phone for two hours being passed around various departments as my order had been split into two seoerate orders- ok i understand its a massive company things can go wrong sometimes.

I am then told my order had been cancelled and no explanation given, i will at this monent thank a man called Gary who took the time to investigate and find out i had been asked to provide a £50 deposit returnable after 6 months.

I was told this was from the credit team and had to call them direct, once on to the credit team i asked why i had to pay this i was informed that i had been late with two payments one in March by two days one in June by one day.

After i explained i had this service for 6 years and moved house twice i found this strange and also a little harsh as i had accepted a 12 month contract which i was told would carry on to new property staight away remember.

After that i was put back a sales rep who then said my broadband will be active as of 14th July over two weeks later than original activation and i am told there is no way of making it before that date.

Feel a little let down as up to this point had no issues with BT in the past and im actually considering moving to another provider due to horrendous way this has been handled.

has anyone else had this problem ?
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Rosco999
Beginner
Message 2 of 5

Re: Absolute nightmare moving home

Well been helped by a nice lady who is my handler and she will be seeing my order through til the end, used the twitter account @btcare and actually got more help quicker than phoning call centre.

Only downside it turns out that BT wholsale have my original order tied up in their system and can't be resolved to at least Tuesday 15th July then who knows how long after that.

The lesson here is never use home move just cancel service and start a new one as its less hassle and stress to be honest.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

cancelling services can be expensive if still in contract also even out of contract there will be a £30.00 broadband cease fee charged
0 Ratings
Rosco999
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

To be fair i should have mentioned my contract was due to run out on the day i moved home but when i saw the BT home move which promised a "stress free" changeover i thought it would be a good idea.

I'm sure you can appreciate sitting with no broadband for two weeks unable to use on-demand on sky, unable to game online with a new PS4 and enduring 4 hours of phone calls and repeating your issue over a dozen times over 10 days and getting nowhere would perhaps leave the most patient of us feeling a tad frustrated?

For £30 i would gladly pay that to be online and "stress free".
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

the 30.00 is a broadband cease fee you would still have to wait for your new service to start as a new contract with your existing problems
0 Ratings