cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gemccurday
Message 1 of 3

Absolutely Disgusted with BT - What Is Going On?

I signed up for Infinity on 13th April with a go-live date of 4th May.  On 3rd May my router still hadn't arrived so I logged in to track it and found my order had been cancelled on 26th April.  Nobody bothered to notify me even though I had received several emails and a letter from BT after signing up.  I have now been left without Broadband as my previous package with TalkTalk was cancelled as of 4th May.

I called the customer service number and was told it could be re-ordered and expedited but that I couldn't have the £125 cashback offer as that promotion had now ended.  After pushing them on this I was transferred to another team (after another year on hold!).  They new team were very apologetic and couldn't understand why I'd been transferred as it was nothing to do with them.  I was then put on hold for an age again and transferred back to the original team.   They said they would honour the promotion and would re-order my broadband and would call me to confirm on 4th May.  As expected I received no call back.  

I called again yesterday evening and was told there was a 20 minute queue but if I entered my number I'd be called back within an hour - again, no-one has called me back.

I have now discovered that because TalkTalk have deactivated my phone line I am going to have to pay £60 for an engineer to visit and reactivate it so BT have left me out of pocket, massively inconvenienced and without Broadband.  The customer service has been absolutely disgusting in that I have been lied to and let down again and again.  I have now spent several hours of my time pursuing BT on this and have had NOTHING back.  

I submitted a complaint online and received an email confirming I'd get a response within 7 days - NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

I am now battling the online chat system and getting nowhere.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS AWFUL COMPANY?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Absolutely Disgusted with BT - What Is Going On?

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Absolutely Disgusted with BT - What Is Going On?

@gemccurday I'm so sorry about the problems with your order and the difficulties you've had with the helpdesks. Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll be happy to help you get the issues with your order sorted. You can find the link by clicking on my username .

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings