Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 3

Accidentally got two accounts?

Go to solution
Hi,

So when I set up my BT account, when I tried to set up the payment the first time it didn't go through properly and I had to redo it. I got a series of confusing emails from BT at the same saying I still needed to set up my account. So I did it again. I ended up getting two broadband hub deliveries and found it confusing but I didn't chase it up. And now when I logged it it shows that I have two accounts, both for the same address and email account and they have been charging me twice. Ive been quite busy so I didn't notice until I checked my direct debits this month and saw two separate direct debit charges.

How can I rectify this? It appears BT think I have two phones and two broadbands set up in the same flat all under the same name and direct debit. I've been changed both the set up charge and January's direct debit so a total of about 100 quid from BT in double payments ...

How do I sort this? Just call them in the morning and have them cancel one account?
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Accidentally got two accounts?

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 3

Re: Accidentally got two accounts?

Go to solution

Hi @TM2301,

I'm sorry to hear this has happened. We'll need to check it out for you. I've sent you a private message telling you how you can contact us.

Thanks for letting me know about this @Keith_Beddoe Smiley Happy

DanielS

0 Ratings