Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JP-online
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Account Holder Bereavement

Go to solution

Hi,
I was a long time carer for my mother who recently died and I'm concerned about sorting things out for her.
I'm not doing so well at the momnt as I suffer from long term depression and with everything else that's going on at the moment I'm just not up to having to phone somebody and go through things on the phone.
Is there any other way that this can be dealt with? I think there's a bill due soon but I know her bank account has been stopped/cancelled/frozen or whatever it is so it will just fail.
I need to stop the account bt I was also hoping to keep the mobile number active so it can be moved to the new company, is that possible?
Thanks.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Account Holder Bereavement

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @JP-online,

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

I am very sorry for the loss of your Mum and I'd like to offer you my sincere condolences.  I completely understand how difficult things must be for you at this time and I would like to make the process of cancelling the account as straightforward as possible.

To answer your question, we would need to speak with you to cancel the account for validation purposes.  You can get in touch and we will call you back.  Please include the best contact number to reach you in the referral.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over the details and we'll sort this out for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

JP-online
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution
I just wanted to thank everybody who's assisted. I have managed to get everything sorted out, it took time to do but that was down to me and not BT.
Thanks everybody.