cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 38

Re: Account Number

Go to solution
Hi I was connected on 21st Nov and I keep getting emails asking me to register online but I can't without an acc number so far recieved no letters???
0 Ratings
ajemcd
Message 32 of 38

Go to solution

I cant believe I am having the same problem having signed up today (30-3-17) when the first incidence of this problem noted on your forums is from 2011!

Think i'll be cancelling this nonsense.

Oh and for the record, I have already spoke to bt support on the phone and through web chat, no joy, useless.

0 Ratings
fademidun
Aspiring Contributor
Message 33 of 38

Go to solution

I amd having this same issus and not sure if BT doing this deliberately to get extra cash from people. Since i moved from SKY to Fibre (just arriving in my area) I have tried to login to my account to no avail, the email log me on but came up with error "Your BT ID doesn't appear to be linked with any of your BT account" then asked me to click here to link the the account and here is where the drame start. I have to put the account number and got anothe error "Sorry something's gone wrong
We're not able to find any products on this account. If you have other accounts, you can change the account you're looking at by selecting the drop down menu at the top right hand side of this page.
If not, and you'd like to take a look at what we can offer you then take a look at our offers". After this error click on retry and got another message "This acount has been deleted". Now I'm getting a treat that my line and service will be suspended and will have to pay extra £7.50 to reactivate. I was with Sky for over 2 years and verver had any issue like this. I have called more than 10 times and all they keep promising is someone will get back to you. Can someone please advice with similar experience

Thanks this is very frustrating!

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 38

Go to solution

Hi @fademidun

There must be a problem with your online billing account. We'll take a look into it to see what's happening. You can reach us by clicking on my user name and then on contact the mods.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
fademidun
Aspiring Contributor
Message 35 of 38

Go to solution

Hi,

Got an email asking me to activate my BT ID, this ai about the 4th time I'm geting this request. To me surprise I'm now getting error when asked to enter security answer to activate my BT ID (Mother's maiden Name) - "Sorry thst's not the correct answer. Please try again - I'm sure this name can't change at least for now! This worked before and now suddenly stopped accepting my mum's maiden name. I'm sure if I tell her this she will be really upset - BT has changed your maiden name mum!

Rgds

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 38

Go to solution

Hi @fademidun,

If the user details don't match what you're entering then there's a good chance that it was entered incorrectly when you set up the account. If the order was placed over the phone then that would have been our fault. If it was done online then the person who ordered it may have put it in wrong. If you want our help with it please fill in the contact form I mentioned.

Or, call our Customer Services on 0800800150.

Thank you

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Highlighted
fademidun
Aspiring Contributor
Message 37 of 38

Go to solution

Excuse me Mr, did you read my post properlly, it worked in last 3 attempt before the fouth time you sent email to reactivate BT ID. This is the fourth (4th) time you're sending a request to activate my BT ID and iit worked the last 3 attempts, I guessed because I made a compllaints you decided to send it the fourth time, if it worked the last 3 attempts and suddenly stopped working this is not a typo error but you not getting things right. Please say something reasonable and provide good/better advise on how to move things forward. I know my mum's maiden name and have used it before getting error "account disabled"

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 38 of 38

Go to solution

So after 7 years of people complaining about this very issue BT have done s-all about this monumentally backwards and innefective system.

Somehow I was able to create a btid and login on the website despite not being able to setup the payment method for the fibre I was trying to order and had left my order in the basket of their website.
The next day when I was finally able to setup payment I could login on the website but not the app.
I'm told there is a 'technical glitch' with the password and not told what. Oh I'm dealing with technical support fewer than 5 minutes after finally paying and signing up for fibre.

Of course a week later and I'm still dealing with technical support being told that the previous technical suppport 'expert' I dealt with didn't have the clearance to see what the fault was and it wasn't a password glitch. Of course this person couldn't tell me what the problem was either.

Anyway back to 5 minutes after I had signed up and the amazing people at the technical support had messed it up and now I couldn't even sign in on the website now.

How difficult is it to be like everyone else is on the internet and give you your account number or whatever detail needed to create a 100% necessary ID which is the only way to manage your account and even access your bills yet in the emails they send me they claim I need BT ID to log in which is usually my email address.
No mention of an account number.

Catch 22 is correct.

Since last thursday when I signed up and paid my first bill something their own help pages clearly states 'Choose online-only billing - you’ll be able to see your bill online within 48 hours of signing up.' I haven't been able to access that bill because that bill has my account number on it but to access it I need to create an account which needs the account number I can only get if I have an account to get at the bill!?!

Since last Thursday I have had an online chat with two seperate deptarments, two phone calls which have involved the complaints, billing and technical departments as well as me hanging up on one person twice as she refused to answer a simple question and I have been reliably informed by text message that they are phoning me again tomorrow yet no resolution.

Also they phoned me two minutes after England scored in the semi-final.

If this is what the first week is like then they have one more week to sort my issue or I'm leaving them but the problem is I have paid for a years line rental and have the feeling I will need access to my account in order to get that refunded.

Edit: In order to post this comment I had to sign up to this part of the website.
I had no porblems doing that so BT can do this simple task when needed.

0 Ratings