Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Capt_Redcoat
Beginner
Message 1 of 38

Account Number

Go to solution
Dear BT I have online billing, and wish to look at my latest bill. However, when I try to sign up to MyBT, it asks for my account number, beginning with GB***. Where on earth do I find this number. I've looked at every email you've sent me, and I can't find it anywhere.
0 Ratings
37 REPLIES 37
Capt_Redcoat
Beginner
Message 2 of 38

Re: Account Number

Go to solution
If anyone else has this problem, the account number is on the bill, but you need the account number to see the bill in the first place. I've had to get BT to post me my account number, they can't do it by phone, email text or any other way except post.
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 38

Go to solution

I too have this problem.  After holding 8 minutes waiting for the phone to be answered (very, very busy)  I was transferred me to the tech department  where another advisor listened to my problem , asked me my security details  and then cut me off (after saying he would look into the problem (perhaps truthfully?)).  I am now back in the queue again.  Current waiting time 6 mins.

0 Ratings
bigpoj
Message 4 of 38

Re:New Customer Account Number (BT Complete Failure)

Go to solution

Well thank god somebody else is having the same problem... i switched to BT as my farther has just undergone a major operation and wanted to able to talk to him any time of the day or night... when ever he needed me i would be there... thanks BT for letting me down in a big way... we signed up on line for the 3 months free telephone and broadband.. so far so good... we get e-mails confirming the order and instalation date so far so good... we have the telephone installed... looking good.. and they forgot to send the internet tech for the infinity... 10 days later he turns up... i can live with that... then i fill in the on-line billing in and create an account.... No welcome letter No welcome e-mail... how the **bleep** do i know my bt account number (GB********) we never had a bill or an e-mail telling us to view our bill... so after 4 weeks of service they CUT OUR PHONE OFF stating none payment.....NO TELEPHONE CALL ASKING WHY WE HAD NOT PAID, NOT EVEN AN E-MAIL...... WE HAVE NOT HAD A BILL !!!!!  DO YOU UNDERSTAND ENGLISH !!!!!! so i speak online to india and they carnt give me a account number on-line it has to come via the post,,, so they post me a re-print bill, takes 5 days to get here and i paid it on-line last friday ( we now have an account number "it was on top of the bill") SO PLEASE BT CAN YOU SWITCH MY PHONE BACK ON ITS BEEN 2 WEEKS NOW AND CAN I HAVE MY LATE PAYMENT COSTS BACK TO AS IT WAS NOT OUR FAULT ..... IT WAS YOURS IN A BIG WAY 😞

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 38

Re: Re:New Customer Account Number (BT Complete Failure)

Go to solution

Hi Bigpoj,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. I'll check what's going on with the account for you. Drop me an email with the details and a link to this post for reference. You'll find the contact us form in my profile.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
bigpoj
Message 6 of 38

Go to solution

Hi DavidM, have you had chance to resolve my problem, its now nearly 3 weeks without service, the next bill is due on the 16th July... do you expect me to pay for the time i have had no service ? Please help Diane.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 38

Go to solution

Hi Diane,

I picked up your email and you'll get a reply today.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
bigpoj
Message 8 of 38

Go to solution

Hi David, the tech guy came out sunday and said there was a fault down the road, said the ali wire was broken some between the main junction box at the bottom of the road and our house, said they would look into it... can you have a look at our next bill as we have not had any service for the last 3 weeks, regards Diane.

0 Ratings
woodvillered
Beginner
Message 9 of 38

Go to solution

Hello

I have problem with trying to sort out my payments as when I try to pay online or by telephone I am constantly cut off and told my account number is incorrect. Now, as my account number is visible on my bill I find it hard to accept. I have Now been cut off this morning and although I have eventually got through to someone and paid it was only as I had had the chance to drive home and ply through all the old bt paperwork. I eventually discovered another account number for the same telephone number (I have two account numbers apparently!) neither of these allows me to pay online still.

I am Now at work waiting desperately for my telephone to be reconnected which could be anything from straight away to 24hours)!!!!!!!!!!!

If I had received a red bill with the correct account number I could have paid, as it was I have spent several days chasing around getting nowhere and finally got cut off. It worries me that if I hadn't have found an old account number I would be forever prevented from getting a service again. Surely I should receive bills with the correct information on?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 38

Go to solution

Hi Woodvillered,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. I can take a look at this for you if you wish. Drop me an email with the details and a link to this thread for reference. You’ll find the contact us form in my profile.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings