cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jayz74
Message 21 of 38

Re: Account Number

Go to solution
I have just moved to BT from Virgin this last week and had my phone and infinity installed. So far so good, however I am in the same boat as those who have posted on this forum. Where is my Account number?????? I have gone though all my emails welcoming me to BT, i have had 2 emails in 10 minutes stating my ebill is ready online and to sign into MyBT. Yet the one thing you have FAILED to do is inform me of my account number. As a new customer, and reading the other posts I think you need to re-think your procedures. If it can only be sent by post then DO IT BEFORE the services are turned on! Oh and please send me my account number by return!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 38

Go to solution
contact live chat they should be able to help you

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact/c/2902/?s_intcid=con_intban_sanda_contact_us_chat_from_forums

this is a customer to customer self help forum posts made here do not go directly to BT
0 Ratings
lorraineqs
Message 23 of 38

Go to solution

Before for reading the forum I thought I was the only person who thinks BT's so-called service is disgraceful.  First of all I order the broadband package online.  After 2 months BT send me an email confirming that the hub will be delivered on a certain day and ALSO the engineer would arrive on the same time.  How could the hub be delivered between 8am-1pm and the engineer turn up between 8am-1pm?  Anyway, of course my boyfriend took time off work and waited for the engineer and only the hub turned up.  I then get a text message from BT saying "sorry YOU missed the engineer appointment", the email sent said the same thing and then someone from India called me to tell me again that I missed the appointment!  I was not happy.  I then receive five phone calls from India in the evening (not realising we are in different time zones) to ask me to wait on the line so they can transfer me to the right dept only to find out that the offices in the UK are obviously closed.  I gave up and booked another appointment online.  BT then obviously wanted money so decided to book an appointment and text me the day before!  I did take a day off and the engineer turned up.  All is fine, however, I get two emails telling me my BT bill is online.  Great I need to view and print it out for work.  I'm surprised to see that BT are asking me for an account number.  I have NEVER received an account number only an order number.  I have emailed them asking for an account number.  Well, surprise surprise it is typical BT.  Once they have you on contract and can take your money by direct debit there is no customer service.  I said years ago I wouldn't go back to BT and now I am wondering why I bothered.

How hard can it be to send a letter with an account number or an email with it on and thanking me for my custom?  I am not happy.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 38

Go to solution

Hi

I am sorry to see you are having problems

I suggest you contact live chat at this link they should be able to help you

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact/c/2902/?s_intcid=con_intban_sanda_contact_us_chat_from_forums

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 38

Go to solution

Live chat inform you that they cannot give your account number over chat/phone and say you will have to wait 5 working days.

I now am waiting 5 days for my account number that should have been sent out before my line was activated (by me).

***Edit***

What they do not tell you at first is if you have online banking you can check that and the account number will be next to the direct debit starting with two letters.

0 Ratings
Letham_Man
Beginner
Message 26 of 38

Go to solution

Just one of BT's quirks.

Want to know your account number? It's on your bill - but what if you have not had a bill? Catch 22.

They send your bill by email which has your account number on it so why not send an email just with your account number? Does not make sense

0 Ratings
footballfreak08
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 38

Go to solution

To get BT Sport on sky i took up a calls/broadband package to replace my current  broadband only account (i had no telephone number on that account) on Monday.

Should i have received an email with confirmation of this by now ? activation date is the 14th August.

The sales person did mention i'd get a new email address as well so would any email have gone there ? 

I wouldnt have a password to get into a new email address anyway.

any help ?

0 Ratings
Amblerherd
Message 28 of 38

Go to solution
Ok BT are about to cut off my phone line that doesn't actually work and I am unable to pay them because I don't have an account number?! However if every email correspondence didn't have it *** out I would happily pay them ? See this is why old fashioned paper billing used to work.....
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 38

Go to solution
it is shown on your bank statements and online banking services
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 30 of 38
Moved:

Re: Account Number MY BT will not accept my account number