Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Account closed - how do I get my credit back?

I have left the UK and closed my BT account at the end of April 2009. I received the last bill at my new address abroad. My account was in credit and I should have received a cheque but never did.

I called BT 8 times in the last 9 months and they always promise me they will re-issue a cheque. Still nothing on my end.

Does someone know who I can contact so I can finally get that payment?

Thanks. 

Community Manager

Re: Account closed - how do I get my credit back?

Hi Anne,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the BT Community forum.  I am sorry that you did not receive your cheque refund.  I can help with this.

Can you please drop me an email to forum.moderation.team@bt.com, please include as much info as possible including your old BT account details and I will get the ball moving.

Cheers

Sean

SeanD | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You

Re: Account closed - how do I get my credit back?

I am in exactly the same position and despite numerous calls to a frankly incompetent call centre who pass you aimlessly from pillar to post, and a number of e:mails to the complaint address, I am still waiting on BT to cancel my account and refund my credit.  This should have been cancelled in early January, and despite written and verbal promises abount a refund, I am still waiting and getting extremely pee'd off by the inability to carry out a very simple action.  BT - pls sort yourselves out.