cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrisb05
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 10

Account information

I would like to see an enhancement to the profile section of the my account/my package areas whereby the end date of the current contract is shown.

The problem is that although I started ALL my BT services on the same date (TV/BB/Mob and landline) they now all expire at different times and I suspect I am not the only one. BB gets renewed for 18 months, TV gets changed earlier, landline automatically renews when you take out 12 month landline charges and it has got to the stage where I no longer have a clue as to the important dates.

I have recently fallen foul of this when my mobile service was put back up to full price until I noticed at the next bill and renewed at my lower rated contract price, but I am still out of pocket by a couple of quid. But I was never contacted to renew my package, it was automatically renewed without any contact and at the higher rate.

I appreciate that I could just save the emails sent out at the time of instigation but there is a customer account area there already. How simple would it be for BT to simply include one extra field showing the contract's expiry date?

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
chrisb05
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

more information in "my Profile"

I would like to see an enhancement to the profile section of the my account/my package areas whereby the end date of the current contract is shown.

The problem is that although I started ALL my BT services on the same date (TV/BB/Mob and landline) they now all expire at different times and I suspect I am not the only one. BB gets renewed for 18 months, TV gets changed earlier, landline automatically renews when you take out 12 month landline charges and it has got to the stage where I no longer have a clue as to the important dates.

I have recently fallen foul of this when my mobile service was put back up to full price until I noticed at the next bill and renewed at my lower rated contract price, but I am still out of pocket by a couple of quid. But I was never contacted to renew my package, it was automatically renewed without any contact and at the higher rate.

I appreciate that I could just save the emails sent out at the time of instigation but there is a customer account area there already. How simple would it be for BT to simply include one extra field showing the contract's expiry date?

It could also be included on the BT APP

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 10

Re: Account information

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 10

Re: more information in "my Profile"

Have a look here.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 10

Both replies lead to the same place. Best not to post the same thing more than once as it leads to confusion and/or duplication.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
chrisb05
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my message. Unfortunately both postings have ended up on the same group as the one posted to the "ideas" forum has been bumped by the moderator onto the billing thread. Shame really as I wanted the idea to be a suggestion.

I know that Ican access all my past orders but it is a bind having to do so when you realise just how many products you have and how many have generated emails, not all of which clearly state that "your contract runs from nn/nn/nnnn to nn/nn/nnnn".

For instance,...

BT phone line rental - annual

BT Mobile - discounted rate because of BB but BT automatically renewed it sometime (I do not have ANY correspondence about this) during December but didn't take the BB discount into account - this is what has prompted the suggestion in the firsy place. Following receipt of the email and the clarity of the order details, this is the ONLY element of my entire package that I definitely know the expiry of!

BT BB (infinity 2) - originally anual then 18 month then renewed mid-term because I enquired about the home hub 6 and was told I was entitled to one. But the BB contract was renewed again at the time by BT

BT TV - again 12 monthly originally then was renewed for 18 months then again by BT when I cancelled BT sport.

BT Caller ID package, free for 1 year after purchase of handsets (from BT) accidentally charged (by BT) apologies offered then contract reinstated with NO correspondence.

So you see, if the expiry dates - which they MUST know - of each was shown on "my account" then I would know exactly where I stood!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

If you use the link that has been posted, it show each of your orders and if you click on each order it clearly shows the package length and end date.

If you do not renew any of them until the last one is due then renew them all at the same time you will only have one end date to remember.

0 Ratings
chrisb05
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Thanks for taking the time to reply, but this wouldn't help would it? Had I NOT renewed my mobile contract in Dec 16, (which I didn't!) BT automatially did so.

This resulted in my automatic renewal date being Dec 17. I didn't have ANY input to this. So I can't let my various subscriptions simply lapse and then renew them at the same time.

The idea of trawling through all the (often confusing and contradictory) emails from BT is not a nice one.

Surely there must be a better way?

As an aside, are these forums monitored by anyone in BT who may be able to at least consider the proposal?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

@chrisb05 wrote:

Thanks for taking the time to reply, but this wouldn't help would it? Had I NOT renewed my mobile contract in Dec 16, (which I didn't!) BT automatially did so. BT will not have automatically renewed your contract. You will be on a monthly rolling contract. 

This resulted in my automatic renewal date being Dec 17. I didn't have ANY input to this. So I can't let my various subscriptions simply lapse and then renew them at the same time. Yes

The idea of trawling through all the (often confusing and contradictory) emails from BT is not a nice one.

Surely there must be a better way?

As an aside, are these forums monitored by anyone in BT who may be able to at least consider the proposal? This is a BT residential customer to customer forum. Your post does not go to BT. The only BT staff are the forum moderators who do not necessarily read all the posts.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

This is a customer to customer self help forum posts made here do not go to BT although the forum is moderated by BT not every post is read
0 Ratings