cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
besadl
Message 1 of 3

Account number lied to by call centre

Go to solution
I have contacted your call centre by phone and live chat and I am unable to get my account number. The live chat agent refused to give it due to the data protection act even though I am able to verify I am the account holder. One phone agent I spoke to lied and gave me a random string of numbers as my account number which weren't correct, then the second phone agent I spoke to refused due to DPA then when I asked to speak to a manager put me on hold then pretended to be a manager and hung up on me.

I am getting really sick of this hassle!!!!
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Account number lied to by call centre

Go to solution

Hi @besadl You will not be given your account number over the phone or on live chat for security reasons.

You will find more information here and a link to request for your account number to be posted to you. 

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
besadl
Message 3 of 3

Re: Account number lied to by call centre

Go to solution
Whilst I appreciate your reply I think that is disgusting, without an account number if someone wanted to cancel in their cooling off period how could they? And if your reply saying you can do that over the phone then surely if it is determined by security purposes that the account holder is who is being spoken to then that should be fine to provide an account number over the phone? And you can't do it online because to set up your bt id you need your account number

Also one of my main concerns that you didn't answer is I think it is disgraceful that one of your call centre employees gave me a fake account number and that another pretended to be a manager when I requested to speak to one.