cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
bigberi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Activated yesterday, now no broadband or phone line!!!!

Have been without internet for a week now from choosing to move from talktalk phone and Internet to BT infinity 1.

Got disconnected on Monday 17th Aug to swap line over to BT so talktalk broadband was disconnected. BT infinity to be activated yesterday (Friday 21st August). Got the email to say all done, no internet AND no phone line!

Extremely annoyed to say the least. Called the line in the help book for an automated voice to say to be fixed in 4 working days..... are you serious??!!! A house full of grandkids and no internet. Extremely disappointed and upset. I hope someone out there can help me and get an engineer out to fix this hopefully today??
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
bigberi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: Activated yesterday, now no broadband or phone line!!!!

Can anyone help with this please as I've now been without internet for a week and no also have no phone line either.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

You are waiting for Openreach to investigate the fault and the wait is their normal waiting time there is no way to speed it up i am afraid
0 Ratings
bigberi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

I had it out with customer service who told me that if I am a "Total Care" customer then I would get an engineer within 24 hours and as I am a "Standard Care" customer then I need to wait 4 working days..... I asked him, being a customer that has not yet even had my promised serviced fulfilled, AND my phone line has also been disconnected then surely I can have an engineer to sort out the problem within 24 hours..... apparently not, which I think is absolutely terrible.

Bad service BT. Really disappointed by your 'customer care'.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 5

Unfortunately, the terms for ordinary residential broadband are three working days from when you report the problem.  So if you reported it on Firday, that means they should be investigating no later than Wednesday.  That said, Openreach may look into it earlier, but the call centre won't have any way to tell, and just quote the standard period.

In a way, you're lucky that BT consider your line activated.  Openreach are under-staffed, and are so busy fixing faults that new customers are often just left to wait, sometimes for weeks.

If you want better service, I'm afraid you have to pay extra for it.

0 Ratings