cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elroy-ferns
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Activation date come and gone - No fibre capacity, after waiting for 3 weeks

After waiting for over 3 weeks for my fibre broadband to be connected, just got told today that it can't go through bec apparently there isn't any capacity left in my box. Just had a look at www.dslchecker.bt.com with my phone number and everything is available. This is probably one of the worst experiences I've had so far with a company....

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Activation date come and gone - No fibre capacity, after waiting for 3 weeks

That chexker isn't always 100% up to date, or capacity may have been recently increased.

The issue would have occured with whichever ISP you placed an order with. It's an Openreach issue, not BT.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
elroy-ferns
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Re: Activation date come and gone - No fibre capacity, after waiting for 3 weeks

Follow up question, is the capacity for the box alocated to different providers (i.e BT, SKY etc). So for example if BT doesn't have capacity in the box, would another provider do (based on their alotment).

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Its first come first served, as far as I am aware. There is no pre-configuration, routes are built as orders come in from different Service Providers.

If a port comes free, then it will be allocated to the next one in the queue.

elroy-ferns
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Interesting bec BT customer service told me that other providers might have allotment so I could get fibre with them....
0 Ratings
nutbolt
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

you would be better off joining the real fibre optic service of virgin media, and avoid crooked bt

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

no allotment of spaces on any fibre cabinet

as to true fibreoptic services virgin services are only available in a very few parts of the UK there normal fibre service is fibre to cabinet and coaxial cable to the home
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

As above, ISP's aren't allocated ports in the fibre cabinet. If there's ports avaialble, any ISP can order.

Again, Virgin is not true fibre, it's fibre to the node and coaxial copper cable to the house. They also suffer with horrific congestion issues in many areas of the country.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings