Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattyw1990
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Activation date passed

Go to solution
Hi,

So first of all i have been waiting to be connected to infinity for over 23 days! 2 days a go i was told everything is fine and ready for your activation date on the 22nd of December. 22nd lands and i receive a text that my landline has been connected and they will send me a text in regards to when my internet will be live...here i am this morning no internet and after calling BT i was told that there is a problem with the supplier and they could give me no further information?? Now i wouldn't be too fussed if i only had to wait 10 days from my order to activation, but it has been over 23 days now!!

What options do i have in order to get this activated?
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Activation date passed

Go to solution

Hi Mattyw1990,

Welcome to the community forum. I am really sorry to hear that your order has been delayed. I would like to take a look at your order. Please could you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
mattyw1990
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution
Thanks Paddy
0 Ratings
mattyw1990
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution
Just to update, the phone line was not working either, engineer came out to fix the phone line on the 24th, and now have to wait until the 29th for an update. Seriously annoyed
0 Ratings
mattyw1990
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution
Really disappointed with how BT have treated me, so after being told I would have an update on the 26th, it got pushed to the 26th of January anyway I called up and they said the emails and texts were wrong and Ithe will be done on the 31st of December! , so according to updates an engineer went to the exchange at 08:45am did everything he needed to do and tested it. All was apparently okay according to the customer service representatives I spoke to. Being a bit wary throughout the day I contacted a few different representativestyles to ensure that my broadband would be activated, 4pm arrived and I was doubting that it would be activated however after chatting to someone named Denise on the live chat help she insisted that I would be connected within 4 hours. Low and behold 5 hours has passed no update on my Internet and whether it'll actually be connected today at all!! The live chat and any phone numbers I have are now not available, so it feels like she just told me that to brush me off. I am getting absolutely frustrated with this and feel like just cancelling everything as it has been a nothing but false promises and lies for the past week. Any help would be appreciated
0 Ratings
mattyw1990
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution
So this morning I contacted BT to be told that they never sent it through for completion!!! Anyhow they put it through for completion this morning, low and behold I received a text stating that my infinity is ready to use! I load everything up and nope....still no Internet so after ringing technical support and them testing my line there was a fault(why on earth this wasn't picked up some time ago) anyway an Engineer is due out tomorrow afternoon to try and fix it.

How on earth BT keep customers is beyond me as it's ridiculous.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
frenchsirius
Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Your story seems all too familiar to me, the brush off , the fob off , then the lie.

Without repeating myself too much. BT made two errors getting me transferred from VM. This delayed my order.

I too got the promise of activation "guaranteed" by 29th. Absolutely nothing happened. When I phoned them on 30th I was told the expedited order hadn't even been processed and would be put in and I would get BB by 30th. Nothing happened. I phone again, get a big apology , " a senior advisor " is assigned to my case. Guess what nothing happens..

Read the other posts, this is an all too sorry tale. At least BT can't claim these are individual cases, it seems like a rot seeping through the whole organisation.

This is a shame has I know there are many hard workers , who are put under pressure to meet unreachable targets..

0 Ratings
mattyw1990
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution
It has been one big mess up from the 22nd onwards, I am not even confident in the Engineer even showing up tomorrow! I too also spoke to some supervisor who was very apologetic, but that is justhe means nothing to me at this point. I shall update again tomorrow...
0 Ratings
mattyw1990
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution
Just to update you, an engineer came and resolved my broadband issue, it was purely down to needING to swap something at the exchange, which the Engineer could of resolved first time round quite easily! All in all been a horrible experience but at least it'a running
0 Ratings
speaker01
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

I am having similar problems. My order has been cancelled twice by BT themselves. I had an activation date of 15th December. My order consisted of phone and BT Infinity 1. My phone was changed 7th January but still waiting on my BT Infinity. My existing ISP (Talktalk) disconnected my broadband connection 7th January and this was because BT was going to switch Infinity on the same day. Waiting for a call back as a result of a Livechat session. Also been on a forum to mention the fact that I no longer have an internet connection ( I am having to use my internet connection at my work which is not ideal however I have no other way than to continually phone them).

Quality Customer Service is severally lacking in BT.

0 Ratings