cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 37

Re: Activation delay, is this the start of it??

Go to solution

@Shaneo1091

As you now have an active phone line with BT, as a matter of interest, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

See what is shown against the cabinet VDSL status. Does it say "available" or "waiting list" ?

0 Ratings
Shaneo1091
Contributor
Message 22 of 37

Available on all

Go to solution
Available on all
20170420_130033.jpg
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 37

Re: Available on all

Go to solution

That is good, then I cannot see that being ther reason for the delay, unless there is a fault in the cabinet somewhere.

Bear in mind that your phone was active and working on the 12th April, is only been four working days since then, and Openreach would most likely have a backlog of jobs because of the holiday period, so your job would be somewhere in that queue, waiting to be assigned.

Openreach have to deal with faults first, then business customer provision, and finally residential provision.

That is all I can suggest, you will have to see if a moderator can find out more.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Shaneo1091
Contributor
Message 24 of 37

Go to solution
They have knew about the fault since the 5th, told twice engineers had completed all the work, told one instance it was a simple job complete log not being done etc. Then theres still a fault n more time needed. Just a loop of lies it seems. If someone was straight n said exactly what the delay is n whats being done to sort it with a truthful timescale id have a lot more patience etc.

I shall see where it goes with the mods
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 37

Go to solution

I suspect the delay from the 5th to the 12th was due to the fact you moved from an LLU provider, to BT Retail. It can throw up all sorts of problems. You are not the only one to have this type of delay.

0 Ratings
Shaneo1091
Contributor
Message 26 of 37

Go to solution
Update will come in the morning hopefully. Expecting a call from BT adviser thats now handling my case. Wish me luck
0 Ratings
MIB
Contributor
Message 27 of 37

Go to solution

Shaneo,

good luck with this but based on my sons example you will be waiting a lot longer!!

https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Truly-awful-customer-service/td-p/1732151

Utter shambles of a company I am as I trpe this on the phone to a well know consumer journalist 

He can't believe it, I won't print what he says B & T stand for but rest assured he will be in touch with BT

0 Ratings
Shaneo1091
Contributor
Message 28 of 37

Go to solution
Well that doesnt give much confidence 😞

Oh and the days update for today: Phonecall... yeah that didnt happen either, notes are on system already to advise of my available call times too 😞

I wait abit more....
Shaneo1091
Contributor
Message 29 of 37

Go to solution
You would think given openreaches recent fines due to delayed connections etc that they would be pulling there fingers out to get jobs done in a timely matter too
MIB
Contributor
Message 30 of 37

Go to solution

I genuinly don't think they care, what a bit more bad publicity to them?

0 Ratings