cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shaneo1091
Contributor
Message 1 of 37

Activation delay, is this the start of it??

Go to solution
Why oh why didnt i find this place prior to saying yes.

So after 7years with sky i decided to switch. BT had a cracking deal, called up spoke to a saleman processed the order and was told 10days to be up and going.

Was... yes WAS supposed to be going live on full package tommorow, informed just this morning theres gonna be a delay and will be contacted on tuesday with an "update".

Is there any way to find out exactly what the problem is or is this just the start of being fobbed off for weeks on end? Anyone else currently in this situation and can offer some advice on the next step or who to be ready to complain too ?
0 Ratings
36 REPLIES 36
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 37

Re: Activation delay, is this the start of it??

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum. @Shaneo1091

Sky are an LLU (Local Line Unbundling) provider. They simply rent the copper line from Openreach, and connect their own equipment to it.

When you leave Sky, the line is released back to Openreach, and the Sky equipment is disconnected.

The line would then be free for Openreach to provide service for BT Retail.

Unfortunately changing from an LLU provider, to one which uses the BT Wholesale network, can take longer, as extra work is needed.

Once your phone line becomes active with BT Retail,  broadband should follow a few days later.

Did you ask to keep the same number, as that can delay things?

Is your phone line still with Sky or has it been transferred to BT? Dial 150 and see what the announcement is.

0 Ratings
Shaneo1091
Contributor
Message 3 of 37

Go to solution
Hi keith, im sure im keeping the same number, still able to recieve calls on the current number. Will have to check the 150 number once i get home.

Pretty dissapointing start though, the left hand doenst know what the right hands doing it seems. To be given a date at purchase and then find out the day before seems abit shabby then another 5 day wait just for an update.
0 Ratings
Shaneo1091
Contributor
Message 4 of 37

Go to solution
Its more the cost of adding data bolt ons to my mobile bill to tether internet thats gonna sting potentially 😞
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 37

Go to solution

Delays are nearly always caused by your existing provider releasing the number to BT Retail.

If you cancel and transfer a service, there is a minimum of 10 days before another provider can take over. This is an Ofcom requirement to reduce the incidence of slamming, or ordering errors where someone else gives the wrong address when placing an order.

0 Ratings
Shaneo1091
Contributor
Message 6 of 37

Go to solution
Ahhh. Well i shall see what tuesday brings i guess, will update here if it goes south.

Cheers so far keith
0 Ratings
Shaneo1091
Contributor
Message 7 of 37

Go to solution
Update: 12/4/12 00:30hrs

Recieved the call yesterday as expected.
Told would be fully active by midnight
Got home from work to the following:

Acc online - still saying inactive
Phone - Active and working
Broadband - Nope nothing.
Home hub is now a flashing purple light instead of a flashing amber light 2days ago

Tried resetting, same
Plugged into test socket, same
Changed microfilter, same

This is a horrendous start for a new customer that should have went live on the 6th....
0 Ratings
Shaneo1091
Contributor
Message 8 of 37

Go to solution
Update 12/4/17 0900hrs

Currently on hold to BT

Explained circumstances and issues
Quick time on hold
Told there has been no word back from engineeres regarding the hold up.... but wait didnt that woman call yesterday to say it was all going live.... He is gonna look into that too as she shouldnt be telling me that as theres been nothing back... (good old indian call centres, rush through a false statement call just to check another off the list grrr)

Will update more soon.
0 Ratings
Shaneo1091
Contributor
Message 9 of 37

Go to solution
Update 12/4/17 0940hrs

Call concluded
Total duration 52mins
Time actually speaking to the guy - about 10/15mins

Status: Engineeres say the work has been completed but have failed to log the jobs as "complete" meaning theres a fallout delay right through to the system. The logs are expected to be logged as complete soon which should kickstart the rest of the system to slot into place and activate the broadband.

Outcome: Still no net, been told i will recieve a call friday at some point to see if A) The BB is working as it should be or B) Take further steps to escalate it to find a resolution.

Felt sorry for the guy i spoke too as the engineers were passing him from one place to another just to get answers while i was on hold.

Further updates will follow either when it activates or on friday when the call comes. Regardless theres gonna be one hell of a complaint going in once its sorted
0 Ratings
Shaneo1091
Contributor
Message 10 of 37

Go to solution
Update 12/4/17 2030hrs

Phone now showing as active on the account.

Slowly getting hopes up that the issues are over now 😕
0 Ratings