cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

Activation delay

Go to solution

Hi all

I have just moved to Cambridge (CB2) and my Full Fibre was suppose to be activated on 22nd. Its 24th today and all I can see is some generic update "Sorry for the delay".

To make matters even more tricky there is no mobile reception in our home (on three different phones we use) so I cant even call BT to complain.

Can anyone help? How do I escalate it?

PS. From what I can tell Openreach equipment is connected fine in one of the cupboards. I've plugged in BT Hub to correct port. Sooo annoying not to have it sorted for Christmas! Shame on you BT!!!

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: Activation delay

Go to solution

@morzech 

Welcome to this user forum.

Everyone here, apart from the moderators, are just BT customers like yourself.

The moderators cannot deal with FTTP connections, only the FTTP team on 0800 587 4787, who I assume you have already been talking to.

What lights are showing on the Openreach ONT?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

Keith

Many thanks for taking time to reply.

See below pics of Openreach equipment

PXL_20201224_080726617_s.jpg

PXL_20201224_080743292_s.jpg

I tried calling BT but its a little tricky. Mobile signal comes and goes here (CB2 9EG) and waiting times are around 40 minutes so I get disconnected even before getting through...

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

Light on the Hub (2) is steady Orange

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

@morzech 

All the lights are correct on the ONT, so there is nothing wrong with the Openreach part.

Do you have things connected up exactly as shown below?

smart hub 2.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

@morzech wrote:

Light on the Hub (2) is steady Orange

Capture.JPG

Have you tried connecting to the home hub with a computer connected directly to one of the Ethernet ports?

This is from https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/fix-a-problem/broadband-and-wi-fi/i-can-t-connect/what-do-the-ligh...

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

I did.  Changed network name etc already. When I follow that wizard it takes me to the step where it suggests resetting modem which I did like gazillion times already...

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

From what I can tell yes, thats how its connected (slightly more elaborate setup than depicted), see below:

PXL_20201224_082717830_s.jpg

PXL_20201224_082724021_s.jpg

PXL_20201224_082740206_s.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

There is nothing connected to any of the yellow Ethernet ports, which is probably why you have an orange light, as its not yet been setup by you.

Plug in a laptop or desktop computer, and open a web browser page. You should then see the setup page.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

Try a factory reset of the home hub.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11386/%7E/how-do-i-reset-my-bt-hub-to-its-factory-set...

Then turn off smart setup.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-ho...

Apart from that, I am not sure, as I do not use a home hub.

Its possible that the home hub is faulty.

I did see a suggestion involving connecting your PC directly to the modem, and setting up a PPPoE connection, that would eliminate the home hub as a possible issue.

Perhaps another forum member, who has a similar setup, can help?

0 Ratings