This is a bit of a long one but i will try to summarise.
Wed 1st April
Thur 2nd April
Thur 16th April
Fri 17th April
Sat 18th April
Mon 20th April
Wed 22nd April
Fri 24th April
Sunday 26th April
Mon 27th April
They have said they will check with Openreach if/when i can get capacity for Fibre but this will be Friday before they have an answer. They have said if i need to take out a phone line and ADSL broadband so that when fibre is in place i can add it to the order because if i do not have it i will have to order a phone line and that will delay the getting Fibre and i may miss the free slots.
The customer service i have received has been nothing short of atrocious and the staff i have dealt with while very nice to speak to incompetent.
Any advice before i speak to them again at the end of the week would be much appreciated
You problem stems from the fact that Talk Talk cancelled your order, and BT would have already started the cease process, which is how you lost your fibre connection as it would have been allocated to another customer.
The cabinet is probably showing a waiting list. This will show on the checker below.
In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker
Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.
Switching during a pandemic probably not a great idea , given that should something go wrong , the usual way of resolving issues may not be available , having said that your issue may not be related to Covid-19.
I think you need to appreciate that cancelling a cancellation the day before its due isn’t giving the wholesale systems enough time to react, the relationship between providers, Openreach and the wholesale systems they all use is very complicated , all these party’s are involved , so time is needed for them to react to inputs or for cancellations to take effect, best efforts are probably made, but it was inevitable , IMHO , that this was going to happen
You have been unlucky , in that your choice to move providers involved a fibre cab at capacity ( probably the reason TT cancelled your order ), and although you tried to cancel the cease of your BT service ( to try and maintain what you had) that obviously never worked, so you are where you are.
To be frank, it seems to me that you are asking a lot of the company you were intending to leave , effectively giving them an ultimatum, if your TT transfer had taken place you wouldn’t be here on a BT Consumer forum, so it’s fair to assume you are only reluctantly wanting to return, as the best worse choice.
You obviously could now join TT or anyone else , accepting their version of ADSL, until a port in the fibre cab becomes available, BT are certainly not your only choice, and you could of course demand the same of them, not expecting to pay for that service as it’s not what you want until the service you do want becomes available ( capacity being an Openreach issue not BT)
I don’t really see any fault here on BT’s side, they attempted to help, it failed, but ultimately it was TT that failed you, isn’t it them that you should be ****ed off at ?
Thanks for the reply
I agree it wasn't the best time to leave I was out of contract and they wanted to charge £58.99 per month.
They said they would drop it to £39.99 but this was still nearly double what TT were going to charge me.
What has frustrated me is being told i will not have any service interruptions by BT when signing up with them. Incidentally they offered me £27.99 which if i would have been happy with before but that's not relevant.
Up to Saturday this week it was showing Fibre was available for me to order IF it had not taken them 10 days to sort and issue and any of the 2 accepted orders for the fibre had gone through i would have the connection in place.
What i don't want to happen is for me to cancel this phone line & BB that i will not be using, then when it is available i have to wait for the line to go active and the cabinet to be full again waiting for it to become active and i lose the chance of getting it again.
Do they build a lot more capacity in when they upgrade cabinets?
Is it a first come first served for the connections?
Do you have to be an ADSL customer to be on the waiting list for it or is it just who orders it when on the website.