Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bsinclaire
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Adding an account manager role

Hello,

I wanted to add my wife's name to our account and I was advised to create an account manager role for my wife to do this. Unfortunately I am unable to create a new BT ID using my account number, how on earth do I proceed?

All I want is a bill in my wife's name.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Adding an account manager role

@bsinclaire 

That is not possible, the account can only be in a sole name, and its not possible to transfer it to your wife without cancelling the account in your name, and then getting your wife to open an account in her name.

This could result in cancellation charges, and a loss of your phone number.

What you can do however, is to change the billing settings on your account, and change the bank details where the direct debit is taken from, so that it shows your wife`s bank account instead of yours.

0 Ratings
bsinclaire
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Could I edit my personal details to change my name to my wife's name and keep the payment details the same?
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

No.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 6

@Keith_Beddoewrote:

@bsinclaire 

That is not possible, the account can only be in a sole name, and its not possible to transfer it to your wife without cancelling the account in your name, and then getting your wife to open an account in her name.

This could result in cancellation charges, and a loss of your phone number.

What you can do however, is to change the billing settings on your account, and change the bank details where the direct debit is taken from, so that it shows your wife`s bank account instead of yours.

@Keith_Beddoe 

Out of interest, what happens on the death of the account holder, surely BT wouldn't issue a charge and discontinue the phone number to change the account name under such circumstances?

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

That is the only exception.

0 Ratings