Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrcortez88
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Address for new build missing from database

Hi All - hopefully somebody can help!

I have moved into a new build and wanted to place an order online for Infinity 2 but my flat no. was not on the database. There are other flats in my building which are listed and they are able to receive Infinity 2 so I suspect that Openreach just need to register my address and connect up the lines.

However when I called BT, the person suggested that the best way would be to put my order through as normal ADSL first and then upgrade to Infinity when everything is connected up.

But the more that I think about it the more this doesn't make sense. Surely if it's possible for my building to get Infinity, the easiest way would be to enable it from the start. I want to avoid a potential headache of having an engineer come over twice (once to connect the line, then another time to upgrade to Infinity) and having to return the Homehub 4 which comes with an ADSL order and then having to wait for a Smart Hub, not to mention any billing implications.

Would be great if a mod could help me sort out my order! 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Address for new build missing from database

I would personally go for adsl first then once active upgrade to infinity BT provide a post paid bag to return the hub and an engineer will not need to come to your flat to upgrade to fibre all the work is done at the fibre street cabinet
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

the services would change on the same day with only around 30 minuets down time like wise billing changes automatically
0 Ratings
mrcortez88
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

@john46 Thanks a lot for your reply, I really hope it goes as smooth as that!

Although I've just checked the status of my order and although an engineer visit has now been confirmed for 28 November on the timeline, at the top of the page it says "We're sorry there may be a delay with your order. We'll let you know if this affects your service. You can track the progress in the timeline below". Is this normal?
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

@mrcortez88 If you need any help with this please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details, the mod team will be happy to check over your order to make sure everything is OK with your new connection. You can find the link by clicking on my username .

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings