cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
new
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 10

Advance Line Rental

If you decide to pay line rental in advance be sure to tie it in with the end date of your Broadband package.  Then if you decide to switch Internet providers it will be easier.  A lot of providers (Sky for example) will only give you Broadband if you switch your phone line to them.   

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
simba_chris
Beginner
Message 2 of 10

Re: Advance Line Rental

It is also non-refundable... so beware of paying it if there is a chance of moving house. BT thinks it can refund it to charge you more for the same period, however. Unfair contract!
0 Ratings
ernie_c
Expert
Message 3 of 10

@simba_chris wrote:
 BT thinks it can refund it to charge you more for the same period, however. Unfair contract!

Please explain what you mean by that.

As far as I was aware BT will not refund LRS under any circumstances but you are making claims they do and do so unfairly.

0 Ratings
simba_chris
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

I suspect, ernie, that you are the most loyal BT fan.  As I said before, 'Refund - Line Rental' are BT's own words on their bill, not my interpretation.  If my Advance Line Rental is non-refundable for me, then under the terms of the Unfair Contracts legislation it is also non-refundable for BT.  Period. 

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 5 of 10

Good stance. Anyone who doesn't understand your ramblings is a BT fan?

geo1986
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 10

There is a one year discount on line rental because your commiting to a year. If you leave before the year you lose the money, it's not rocket science

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 10

Unless I'm reading some of this wrongSmiley Embarassed, is this discussion about paying the monthly line rental every month (in advance) or the one off line rental saver (also in advance)?

In either case, they are non refundable

lrs.JPG

(above copied off the BT website)

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
ernie_c
Expert
Message 8 of 10

@simba_chris wrote:

I suspect, ernie, that you are the most loyal BT fan.  As I said before, 'Refund - Line Rental' are BT's own words on their bill, not my interpretation.  If my Advance Line Rental is non-refundable for me, then under the terms of the Unfair Contracts legislation it is also non-refundable for BT.  Period. 

Good luck with your attempt to get out of your contractual obligation - you won't succeed, nor will you get any help with your attitude that you are correct and everyone else wrong.

Display your final bill here and you MAY get some help - if you really are looking for help.

0 Ratings
simba_chris
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

ernie I have no idea what I have done to offend you so greatly, nor where you get your idea that I am right and everyone else is wrong! Nothing could be further from the truth.... I am also very sad that there's always someone like you ready to put down other posters with a 'holier than thou' attitude as you have come across to me. YOUR help I can do without. (Block button hit)
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 10 of 10

Please keep it friendly folks.

Stephanie
0 Ratings