Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Canoftango
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Age to buy

Go to solution

I’m 16 and my dad keeps disconnecting the WiFi am I legally able to purchase my own WiFi 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Age to buy

Go to solution

You would need to have your own line installed into the house and sign up for a possible 18 to 24 month contract for Broadband. Suspect not cheap for a 16 year old 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

The cheapest package is just under £30 per month on a 24 month contract. You will need to pass a credit check and no doubt because you will not have a credit history, pay some sort of deposit. You will also need to get your fathers permission to install a second phone line on his property.

Perhaps you just need to suck it up that you live in your father's house, your father pays the bills, it's his broadband and he can do what he wants with it and that includes deciding when he wants to turn it off.

NeilO
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

@Canoftango, welcome to the community and thanks for posting, BT will only provide service to a person who is over the age of 18 so, unfortunately, we would not be able to sell you broadband.