Message 1 of 17

Aggh what is going on

Hi I joined BT on 10gb call package on Oct 28th 2009

I have never recieved any emails from them regarding my data useage

today I got a new bill for £128 for a month

I show a little capture of the screen here

Can somebody please tell me what the strange numbers all mean

My usual bill should normally be about £30 a month

I am at my wits end as this bill needs paying now.

Photobucket

I have tried to call them but alas nobody there at the moment

best

danny

16 REPLIES 16
dannyH
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 17

Re: Aggh what is going on

futher to last post I have now found this on bt website:

"BT Total Broadband Fair Usage Policy

If you exceed your monthly usage allowance your service won't stop working; advisory emails will be sent to your
BT primary email address if you reach 80 per cent of your usage allowance each month and further notification if
you then exceed your allowance in a particular month.

If you exceed your usage allowance for two months in a row, we'll charge you £1 for each extra GB you use
(rounded up to the nearest GB) starting from the second month you exceed your allowance. We'll continue
charging if you keep exceeding your allowance in the following months. These charges will appear on your BT
bill."

Does anybody have any experience of these so called -warning emails- I now realise That I will need to upgrade
to "unlimited useage" but this tactic seems very underhand from BT.

I will update once I have spoken to cust care in the morning

danny

Message 3 of 17

Wow BT are going to charg £920?

This is not right, BT should have contacted you by e-mail or by phone advising to move up the next package.

I would get in contact with one of the mods to discuss this further.

cg

CG Over An Out
Highlighted
Pasha_Selim
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 17

@dannyH wrote:

Photobucket

Danny I see what has happened! It is a simple software error, and BT must correct this with alacrity.

If you ignore all the peculiar figures in the "Broadband" line, it all adds up:

the hours:mins:secs add up correctly to 4:12:05

the £.p add up correctly to £10.60

But the software has interpreted that strange "00,91" at the end of the "Broadband" line entry as £910.00 and added it to £10.60 making that frightening figure of £920.60

Call billing as soon as you can 020 7356 5000, don't let them say "we'll call you back" because you can't trust them to do this, and this must be sorted before it gets any worse, so insist on speaking to a supervisor if they do, make a note of the time and date of the call and the name of the Customer Service representative, because if they fail to sort it out you might need this evidence.

If you don't get a satisfactory response, let us know here please. Even consider reporting what you have done here, and the response you get, so it is all logged.

I don't think this has to do with data usage; if so you would surely have got the warning notice. That revised monthly charge of £128 might well be based on that erroneous £920, so is probably wrong too, but I don't understand these varying monthly/quarterly advanced/in arrears charges yet, so can't say how that has been determined.

Consider asking one of the moderators here to chase it up; they have offered help of this kind before, but I don't know how thoroughly they can chase such offers of help to a conclusion. They are busy folk.

And one bit of advice, if that's OK: try to be a bit more specific in the "Subject" field when you post - like "£900 overcharge on my bill" in this case. That way you'll attract wider attention Smiley Happy

-- -.-- / ... .. --.
Value Added Guest (Inspiring Not Aspiring)
Rate a post if you like it! - just click the star under the user's name on the left. (N.B. ratings facility no longer available in Forum Help and Suggestions; nor is it available in the Lounge)

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 17

Hi Danny,

I can get this sorted for you. Drop me an email to forum.moderation.team@bt.com including your account details and I'll take a look.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
Pasha_Selim
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 17

Nice to see that David. But you must surely know by now what the cause was. I'd be comforted to know that if it is an issue affecting more than one customer, that it is being dealt with on an urgent basis, so that I don't receive something similar in my monthly bill in a day or two.

Because once there is an error of this kind in an individual's billing data, it can take a devil of a time for BT to sort it out, as we all know

I'd appreciate a reply to my question as soon as possible, even if it is just to say thanks, we understand your concern, we have already alerted billing about this, and as soon as we hear from them we will inform you.

-- -.-- / ... .. --.
Rate a post if you like it! - just click the star under the user's name on the left. (N.B. ratings facility no longer available in Forum Help and Suggestions; nor is it available in the Lounge)

Community Manager - Retired
Message 7 of 17

Thanks for the question.

We are looking into this as part of David's investigation above. 

Thx

Kerry

Retired BTCare Community Manager - StephanieG and SeanD are your new Community Managers

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

Pasha_Selim
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 17

That's great to know. Thanks Kerry.

I hope Billing get back to you very soon. It surely doesn't take even half a day for them to pull up a few accounts to check what is going on and identify it as a one-off matter, or something that was quickly spotted and affected only a small number of bills etc... or some other scenario.

-- -.-- / ... .. --.

Pasha_Selim
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 17

Hi Danny, did you manage to contact BT Billing via that number I gave you?

Even more important, has anyone there reassured you that they will correct the error with no harm done to your bank balance or credit rating?

-- -.-- / ... .. --.

Message 10 of 17

Hi Danny,

I haven't received your email yet. I'll need your account details to get this looked into. Drop me an email to forum.moderation.team@bt.com . I'm sure I can get this sorted for you.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings