Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Iannelli999
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 19

Allocated incorrect home phone number

Go to solution

I've moved in to my elderly parents home as their carer. I transferred my BT account to this address however I requested to retain their home telephone number as they have had it since 1973. I was given a temporary number and the request to switch to the old number was put through on 24th May. I received a confirmation SMS with the correct details of the number which was to be adopted and infotnec this would occur by midnight on 31st May. In the early hours of 31st May I received an email confirming that the switch had taken place however the number that my home address had now been allocated was not the one that was requested and as confirmed in the SMS. I lodged a complaint and I was then referred over to a call handler overseas who was unable to give me a straight answer as to what had happend. I was assured that I would receive a call back today to explain what had happened however when I asked if he could provide a rough time he then said within hours. When I said that wasn't today he changed this to 15 hours. He also seemed completely disinterested and dismissive. I apologise but because of previous experiences where overseas handlers have marked up my complaints as having been resolved when they have not I have no confidence in this process. My last experience concluded with an overseas supervisor telling me I wasn't a good son as I wasn't looking after my parents properly! I'm concerned that as every second passes the old telephone number may get allocated to another customer which would be a nightmare for my parents to try and tell their friends and family of a new number especially as most of the family live overseas.
The complaint ref is ***edited by mod***
I'm hoping that someone in the UK can take ownership of this error and to try and explain how a request for a number change ending 6190 can be shown as completed correctly when it now actually ends in 2144 ?

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Iannelli999
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 19

Re: Allocated incorrect home phone number

Go to solution
Sorry I should have said the call back would be today and within 35 hours
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 19

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum. @Iannelli999

The old number would not be re-allocated to another customer for a long time. The number change could take up to 24 hours to be implemented.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

I have done this just in case the renumber does not happen.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 19

Go to solution

Hi @Iannelli999 and welcome.

I've edited your post to remove the complaint reference. I'll be happy to lend a hand with this if you wish. Can you please drop me over an email with your details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Iannelli999
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 19

Go to solution
DavidM I've sent the details via the contact moderators form as I couldn't see how to email you direct
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 19

Go to solution
that is the correct form to use to contact DavidM and all other moderators
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 19

Go to solution

Thanks for confirming that @Iannelli999.

I've checked our queue and can see your email. We deal with cases in turn so once you reach the top of the queue either myself or one of the other moderators will be in touch.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Iannelli999
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 19

Go to solution
Ta
0 Ratings
Iannelli999
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 19

Go to solution
David..i received a call from the retention team this morning asking if I'd managed to resolve the issue. They then put me through to the "right" dept who said they were the "wrong" dept and in turn passed me to the another "right" dept. The chap i spoke to was very pleasant and very confused as to how a completely wrong number had been used rarher than the one agreed. Despite lots of digging and asking questions of supervisors he couldn't offer an explanation and therefore had to start the entire process once again which has a lead time of another 4 days. Apparently it can't be done faster.........which I'm sure isn't entirely accurate. I have a new Vol number and fingers crossed but it's still incredibly frustrating. Regards Franco
0 Ratings
Iannelli999
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 19

Go to solution
DavidM I've sent a new contact request because I received another call from India this morning stating the number transfer request cannot be progressed. I couldn't get a comprehensible explanation as to why
0 Ratings