Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Iannelli999
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 19

Re: Allocated incorrect home phone number

Go to solution
In addition o my last I contacted TakTalk on Saturday in relation to the info from BT telling me I had to ask them to release the old home number. When I spoke to the Talk talk rep they advised me that they were not withholding the number from BT and it had in fact been release to them some time ago. Fed u with all of this contradictory info
0 Ratings
Iannelli999
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 19

Continued failure to change my home number to the one requested

Go to solution
My previous post is at this url

https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Allocated-incorrect-home-phone-number/m-p/1750597

In short I transferred my BT account to my parent's Home Address as I am now a live in carer. At the time I was informed I would be allocated a new number but that this would then be changed back to the original number my parents have had since 1973. I was given an initial date of May 29th then 1st week of June and then today. However the first attempt I was given a completely wrong number. A second attempt went through but then I received a call from BT stating it couldn't be done because Talk talk, with whom my parents had their service, had not released the number and that I would need to speak with Talk talk to request they release it. I called Talk talk who advised me that the number had been released back to BT on the date I took over the line which was 24th May. I spoke with BT this morning who insisted that the number hasn't been released. How on earth am I supposed to resolve this when I'm given conflicting versions of the facts. Surely there is some form of communication between BT and Talk talk especially as the infrastructure used by Talk talk belongs to BT. When I'd previously posted about my initial problem one on the Mods, DaveM, contacted me but as everything seemed to be on track to being resolved we ended the contact. Sadly it hasn't been resolved and i don't see it getting anywhere when I'm dealing with staff who appear to be reading from scripts in an overseas call centre. When I asked how this could be resolved the only answer I got was "I understand you must be upset" which isn't much of an answer. I'm now starting to regret listening to the retention team member who assured me it would be a smooth process. Please please help as this needs to be fixed asap
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 19

Re: Continued failure to change my home number to the one requested

Go to solution

@Iannelli999 I'm really sorry your number has still not been transferred.  @DavidM is back in the office this afternoon and I'll let him know you've posted so he can chase this up with the number port team.

I hope you don't mind that I've moved your the post back to this thread as it's best to keep all the posts in the one place as it's easier for the community to follow.

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Iannelli999
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 19

Go to solution
Thanks Neil. So frustrating..
0 Ratings
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 15 of 19

Go to solution

Your problem doesn't seem to be a straight forward 'number port' issue at all, there appears to be more going on than that, normally a number port is when an end user moves between providers and wants to keep 'their' number, but the address doesn't change, your problem appears to be that you have moved into your parents home from somewhere else , and presumably you had a BT Consumer provided  line at that  address, you wanted to move your account ( but not the number ) to your parents house,  they were Talk Talk customers, and presumably had ported the telephone number from BT to TT at some time in the past, and you wanted their number allocated to your account , if this is an accurate then it's not surprising it's went wrong.

Its easy to be wise after the event, but if it's a case of wanting BT to supply service , why not just port the number back  from TT to BT in your parents name, them getting a 'new' BT account number in the process, this is what the port process is designed to deliver, one end user, one address, one phone number one losing provider and one  gaining provider, if you wanted responsibility for paying the BT bill, arrange payment to come from your bank account, I suppose if you were potentially within a minimum term at your 'old' address , and wanted to avoid ETC's may explain why the convoluted order chain to get your account at your parents address.

If TT have now ceased your parents account and service, irrespective of the status of the number port then the number will eventually revert to the number range holder, and if the number  has existed for decades , that must be BT , so BT will get that number back ....it's possible though that there may be a quarantine period for the number, and if that is the case a delay may be inevitable.

If the service at your parents address is now supplied by BT in your name ( with your 'old' account number ) , and you have any old BT number , you should eventually be able to renumber whatever number they gave you,  to the number you really want when the wanted number is properly back with BT and free of any restriction/quarantine period.

Obviously , if you were told that what you wanted was simple and would happen without any problem or delay,then your grievances are understandable, but TBH, what you wanted to do is not what the number port process is designed for.

0 Ratings
Iannelli999
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 19

Go to solution
Great answer but I was assured that the process was simple
0 Ratings
Iannelli999
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 19

Go to solution
Can't thank the Mods enough for getting this sorted for me. My parents have now got their number back and they are over the moon. Thanks again
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 19

Go to solution

Hi @Iannelli999 It was good that we were able to get the number back for your parents. My colleague in the sales team has also added the Anytime Calling plan for them as well.

Cheers

John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Iannelli999
Aspiring Contributor