cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Am I alone finding BT doesnt want to keep customers?

Go to solution

I have been with BT for 2 years and contract up for renewal.  Only offer in my BT app is an INCREASE of £4 a month for negligible benefits. Tried to get Jan sale offers..impossible to existing customer. Tried chat..total joke. kept getting innane auto bot answers. Tried phoning and lady I talked to tried to give a package bit it wax pathetic compared to. others from competitors. I felt sorry for her as she obviously wanted to help but couldnt due to ridiculous policies that tied her hands.  So am I alone wanting to stay with BT but basically being told clear off we are not botheted with you as a customer. Strange business model ...but a bit like insurance companies

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Am I alone finding BT doesnt want to keep customers?

Go to solution

try phoning the options team on 0800800030 and see what you can negotiate

please take of the underlining it make your post difficult to read

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

sorry about underlining not sure why phone keyboatd put that on. I did as noyed in post call that 0800 number but the person I spoke to couldn't offer anything much. I sensed she wass rather frustrated not being able to do a better offer. Just been checking other options and some good deals out there. So puzzled why BT wont come up with an incentive to stay with them. Web site was SO frustrating. At least underling has gone off! 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

wait couple of days and try again  you will get someone different who may be able to give you a deal  probably not as good as you would get as a new customer  best way to save money is change ISP everytime contract expires but if you do you always need to check your cab in not full otherwise you will lose your connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Thats a good idea. esp if I come back with what I have found of other offers and see if they can match it

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

I suspect that you are far from alone. I have been a BT customer for over 11 years. I have had a succession of letters from BT imploring me to upgrade to fibre "at no extra cost", and one or two even saying that I would save money. I did recently elect to do this, but, as well as the apparent highness of the prices, I found the whole exercise very confusing. The most-recent letter said one price, if I signed into "My BT" I was presented with an "offer" that was an *increase* of £4 per month, if I went to a URL within the BT website that was shown at the bottom of the letter (which seems to keep changing), the price was different again, and I even downloaded a "tariff guide" which was apparently from 13 Dec 2019 where the prices for existing customers were yet again different. Probably if I'd phoned up, I'd have got yet another variation!

Excuse the pun, but the whole thing doesn't seem very "joined-up"!

Imagine if I went into my local supermarket and I was told 6 different prices for a kg of carrots depending on which assistant I asked!

In my professional role (I'm retired now) there was a well-known saying that it costs 10 times as much to get a new customer as to retain an existing customer...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

@MikeM14 

It is also fact that an existing customer is less likely to move to a new ISP hence why the deals are to get new customers.  You are a case in point with 11 years even though there are numerous deals cheaper for the same connection package 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Galling as it may be, I rather suspect that the BT bean counters have done their sums and have a shrewd idea of the economics of what they are doing.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution
exactly what they did to me. Came up with 'special offer' that was £4 more. Then after phoning ahain with LONG wait a manager came up with slighly less price but less service. Very baffling.
0 Ratings