cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marktheharp
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Am I being unreasonable?

I just moved to the new house, which doesn't have BT infinity, so have a normal broadband connection. I noticed I was being charged for BT infinity 2, and have queried it. I had BT infinity at my old address, and they obviously carried it over due to some billing mistake.

But having looked through my old bills, I was being charged for BT infinity 2. My download speed was never more than 26 Mb per second, so am I right in thinking that this is a mistake to have been charging me for this?
Tags (2)
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Marktheharp
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Re: Am I being unreasonable?

In other words, is my bill not only wrong now, but has been for as far back as I can see, at my old address?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

That is something you should have checked at the time, perhaps you wanted the faster upload speed that Infinity 2 gives you?

You should not be charge for Infinity now.

0 Ratings
Marktheharp
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Thanks, Keith. You're right - I should have checked at the time! I have challenged my current bill but nothing's happened yet.

But I'm wondering if Infinity 2 was correct in the case of my old property as the download speed was never more than 26mbps. Probably too late on any case to do anything about that! But I'll watch the current situation like a hawk!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Marktheharp
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Keith, thank you. And I marked my own comment as correct, rather than yours. I'm so sorry – fat fingers/new phone!
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Hi @Marktheharp,

Was your bill produced before you moved home or before your orders completed? The bill may have been produced before the package changed. That should mean that, on your next bill, you would see a refund for the Unlimited Infinity 2 package back to the date that you moved and a new charge for your copper or ADSL broadband service.

If you need it looked into urgently contact our billing team at: Billing Live Chat

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Marktheharp
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 9

I will contact them tomorrow (Mon) as had to work today. Will report back!
0 Ratings
Marktheharp
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Total cockup to date - will keep you updated. My online account seems to have two different profiles associated with it. About an hour spent being passed around BT.
0 Ratings