cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trevor_machine
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 3

Am I eligible for refunded payments following loss of broadband supply?

Hi everyone. I recently had to fight quite hard to get a fault addressed by BT / Open Reach. The somewhat epic and highly protracted saga can be viewed here:

https://community.bt.com/t5/ADSL-Copper-BB-Speed-Connection/latest-garbage-from-BT-support-the-quot-...

Summarily the fault took over a year to be remedied. And in that time I would guess that I was without broadband provision for around 95% of that period. I.e. my line speed rarely exceeded 0.5mbs and regularly dipped to 0.1mbs (!!). Suffice to say the whole experience was teeth-grindingly tedious and rendered the internet entirely unusable.

Throughout this period I was, of course, paying for a service I was not receiving. I should therefore very much like to know how to obtain some form of redress - specfically, how to get some money back. I cannot think how I am *not* entitled to some form of refund. However I have no idea how to begin the process of acquiring it. Any helpful pointers anyone can provide will be gratefully received.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Am I eligible for refunded payments following loss of broadband supply?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 3

Re: Am I eligible for refunded payments following loss of broadband supply?

A good start is to phone up the billing department and asking for it.

0 Ratings