Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bigbob27
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Am i paying too much for my broadband?

Go to solution

Hi, Iv'e just been doing price comparisons for broadband and every one comes in a lot less than i'm currently paying.

my current plan is:

Broadband and Calls
Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited
and Evening and Weekend Calls with caller display

my bill is £61.49 for this, I make no outgoing calls on landline as i use my mobile' my connection speed is 35mbps

is there a cheaper plan? any help or advice would be welcome.

thanks

Bob

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Am i paying too much for my broadband?

Go to solution

@bigbob27 wrote:

Hi, Iv'e just been doing price comparisons for broadband and every one comes in a lot less than i'm currently paying.

my current plan is:

Broadband and Calls
Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited
and Evening and Weekend Calls with caller display

my bill is £61.49 for this, I make no outgoing calls on landline as i use my mobile' my connection speed is 35mbps

is there a cheaper plan? any help or advice would be welcome.

thanks

Bob

Ring 0800 800 030 and see if you can negotiate a lower price, especially if you are either out of contract, or near the end of your current contract.

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

The short answer is "Yes" so you should do as suggested by KB.

I guess that your initial minimum period is up , which is why your current bill is over £10 a month more than you might be paying for what you're getting. A reduction would involve a further minimum period, probably 18 months, and it would be advisable to make a note in your diary to renegotiate when you get to about a month from the end of that period.

Even cheaper deals are available as a new customer with another provider if you fancy tackling the hassle and pitfalls of regular switching.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
-Richie-
Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

One thing to note is you currently state you have unlimited evening and weekend calls, that calling plan will be removed if/when you renew the broadband for a discount, you could opt for paying for each call if you're a light user or go for the 500 minutes for £5 per month, this would mean using the landline when you wish and no longer waiting until after 7pm, the 500 minutes would also include calls to UK mobiles as well as UK landlines.

bigbob27
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

quick update: i did as suggested by KB and rang the number given, got a new contract for £39.99

thanks everyone for your comments

0 Ratings